Chapter Twelve

Off gulped down his nth shot of vodka. He was supposed to be home by now, surprising Gun as it was Valentine's day, but when he saw Jaylerr picking up Gun with a bunch of flowers in his arms, jealousy just kicked in him. The loud music in the club was not enough to drown his thoughts. The scene just kept replaying in his mind. He was about to go to the CR when his phone rang. With blurry vision as the effect of vodka had already consumed his system, he answered the call.

"Off? Hey, where are you? Why is it so loud in there?!" Tay shouted at the other end.

"Yow! Myyy frieeeend! OUCH!" Off tripped in his attempt to go to the CR.

"Hey are you alright??" Tay's worried voice could be heard over the phone, but Off was too drunk to comprehend what he was saying.

"Off which club are you at right now!? I'm coming to pick you up! Off!? Hey, bastard!" Tay's effort was just useless as the person he was shouting at had already dozed off, while sitting on the club's cold floor.

-----

Off's head was throbbing like hell. It seemed like he hit his head on something, and he knew something was not right, but he couldn't put his finger on it. He was about to get off the bed when he lightly hit something, --- or someone. There he saw Gun sleeping beside him while hugging the pillow. His eyes landed on the bowl of water with a towel on the bedside table. And then it dawned on him. Gun took care of him last night. He also noticed that the shirt he was wearing had changed. Off smiled as he continued watching the sleeping man.

"I'm glad to know you still care about me, Gun." Off whispered while putting a light kiss on Gun's forehead.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

7 years ago. End of Sophomore year.

9:30 PM

Nervous was an understatement. Hyperventilating --- that was what Off felt as he stared at Gun's number on his phone. He planned to confess to Gun tonight, but he didn't know how. He had never confessed to anyone in his life. Most of his relationships only lasted for a week or two and girls were the first ones to confess to him. The longest one he had was three months, but he then eventually broke up with the girl when she wanted him to meet her parents. He had this principle of making sure not to meet the parents if he had no plans of marrying her.

But this one was a bit different, and he was planning to confess to a guy to top it all. He wanted to ask Tay for help, but he didn't wanna bother him, and he was a bit ashamed to be honest. As a matter of fact, he was hesitant about confessing to Gun as having a relationship with the same gender was something that he wasn't really into, but if he wouldn't tell Gun about what he felt, he might explode one of these days. He hadn't been able to sleep for several nights thinking about Gun and how much effect he had on his system. His mere touch could seep into Off's skin, literally burning Off with so much desire he'd probably ignite every time their skin touch. And those kisses they shared, none of his former kisses could compare to the ones he shared with Gun. It seemed like a flight of butterflies was released into his stomach every time Gun moved his lips and tongue along with his.

With his eyes closed, he sent a message to Gun.

*Gun, I'll pick u after work. I need 2 tell u something.*

"Fck. Let's get this done," he muttered as he picked up his car keys and went out the door.

-----

"What do you wanna tell me, P'Off?" Gun asked as he went inside Off's car.

Off noticed the dark circles under Gun's eyes and felt sorry for him. He should be going home right now, resting after a day at school and work.