Chapter Seventeen

Seven years ago. December. 2 days before Christmas.

Off looked at the couple mugs on display. They were currently at IKEA to buy new bedsheets for his old ones were starting to fade. He also planned to buy a new dresser since most of the time Gun stays at his unit.

He glanced at Gun who was busy looking at the plates on the shelf. He was currently wearing an oversized shirt Off bought on whim. He immediately thought of Gun as he saw the print "Cuter than you think" and now he looked even cuter as the shirt covered half of his thighs.

He looked back at the mugs and placed it side by side. Both were printed with a half heart that became whole once they were placed together. He was about to call Gun when his phone beeped.

|Make sure to be home a day before Christmas. I have something to tell you.|

It was a message from his father. He sighed. He wasn't planning to be home for Christmas for he wanted to spend it with Gun but it seemed like he had to.

"P' let's get those ones. They're cute," Gun said as he pointed at the bedsheets nearby.

"Sure. By the way, do you want to get these?" Off showed Gun the couple mugs.

"They look cute. Let's get them."

-----

"Love, I may not be able to spend Christmas with you. I have to go home tomorrow. My father wants to talk about something important."

Off decided to strike a conversation whilst they were unpacking the things they bought. They already replaced the bedsheets with the new one and now they were setting up the dresser.

"Sure. And besides it's a family event, love. We have to be with our families."

"Thanks love."

"By the way, why don't we test the new bedsheets if the stains are easy to remove or not." Off wiggled his eyebrows as he scooted closer to Gun.

"Whatever you're thinking you better not do it, Off!"

Gun screamed as Off carried him and plopped him on the bed.

"Off. My goodness, the sun is still up for Pete's sake!" Gun giggled as Off dipped his head to kiss his neck.

"To hell with the sun," Off clapped back as he held Gun's hands and pinned them on the bed.

Soon, Off's unit was filled with moans and groans and Gun was sure as hell they'd be removing stains from the new bedsheets tomorrow.

-----

"Wait-What?!" Off exclaimed upon hearing his father's words. He just got home and the first thing his father told him was about his engagement with Mild, his childhood friend whom he hadn't meet for years.

"Don't raise your voice on your father, Off," his mother pointed out. They were currently having lunch and he was furious enough to continue his food. He just wanted to flip the table and walk out of the room hadn't it been for his mother.

"You wouldn't have difficulties living with her Off since you've been friends since you were young. And besides I've already talked to Mild's father regarding this matter and he doesn't have any problems. It's gonna be a long engagement, just enough time for the both of you to graduate and work in the company."

"Yeah you talked to him without even asking me. I'm the one involved here, not you."

"It's high time you stop having short term affairs and focus on your future family, Off. You need to have a serious relationship and a partner especially when you take over our company. It's time you stop messing around and start being serious."

"I'm not having any short term affairs anymore."

"Or do you have a girlfriend already that's why you're so adamant about this matter."

Off wasn't able to answer. He then remembered how his brother suffered when their father knew his relationship with another man and he didn't want to drag Gun into his family issues.

"Or boyfriend, maybe."

Off turned to look at Jaylerr who just entered the dining area.

"Good afternoon Mr and Mrs Adulkittiporn."

"Good afternoon, Jaylerr. Come on, join us," It was Mrs Adulkittiporn who answered.

Off watched as his father's forehead creased and looked intently at him.

"What does Jaylerr mean? Do you have a relationship with another man, Off?"

"I-I don't know what Jaylerr is talking about," Off had to swallow the lump on his throat as he stared back at his father.

"You already know what's gonna happen once you follow your brother's mistakes, Off."

"What's wrong with falling in love with the same gender?"

"Nothing, but I didn't raise you to be gay, Off, remember that. Now finish your food and take a rest. The Jiravechsoontornkuls are coming this evening for dinner."

"Fck you," he mouthed to Jaylerr who was sitting beside his father.

"Thank you," Jaylerr mouthed back as he continued munching his food.

-----

The dinner with the Jiravechsoontornkuls was a peaceful one, but Off was having a mental breakdown. He wanted to protest about what was happening but he immediately changed his mind when he saw his father intently observing his actions.

He planned on talking to Mild alone after the dinner and try to convince her to disagree with this whole engagement thing.

Once the dinner was over, he quickly grabbed Mild's hand and dragged her to the garden while their parents were left talking in the living room.

"You have to tell them you don't agree to this whole thing, Mild," he frantically said as they reached the farthest part of the garden. "I already have someone that I love, Mild. I'm already committed to somebody."

"Of the same gender," Mild snapped back.

Off was speechless for a moment. He didn't expect to hear those words from Mild. He didn't even have the slightest idea where she got the information but then someone crossed his mind.

"How did you- shit. I'm gonna kill Jaylerr, that son of a bitch," Off pulled his hair out of frustration.

"You already know what's gonna happen if you do the same thing as your brother did, Off. You saw it with your own eyes. And you don't want Gun to suffer the way your brother's lover did."

"Oh, you even know his name. I suggest you marry Jaylerr instead since you two have the same attitude."

"You don't want to drag Gun into this shit, Off."

"There's nothing wrong with falling in love with the same gender, Mild, remember that. Love knows no gender. And I'm sure as hell you're not getting any cooperation from me about this engagement shit."

Off made his way out of the garden, leaving Mild and their parents as he headed to his car. To hell with spending Christmas with family. He just wanted to see Gun.