twenty five

As soon as we get into the mall, I request to go to Victoria's Secret.

"Cheyenne, is that for school?" Mom asked.

"Hmm, kind of. I need new underwear and bras to keep everything covered for school?" I try out my little excuse. "And they have pants and stuff."

"Okay. I guess so." We make our way over to the shop, and I begin to look at the panties while Mom goes to Marshall's across from VS. I pick two pairs of underwear and then move onto bras. I find two that I like, but Mom only limited me to one bra and two panties. I pull out my phone and snapchat Marisol a picture of the two bras saying, "Which one?". While the snap is sending, I realize I sent it to Nash instead. I quickly flip over to the chat and type, ABORT MISSION ABORT MISSION!! NOT MEANT FOR YOU, MEANT FOR MARISOL. DO NOT OPEN. But about two minutes later, he has opened it and replied. (Nash bold, Cheyenne italics)

Sorry.. but if you still want my opinion, I say the black one.

okay then.. thanks(: how's Axl?

While I wait for him to reply, I send Marisol the snapchat of the bras. She says black too.

He's good.. he did infact pee on my seat tho

told you he might lol.

ok, im gonna go. talk to you later. ily

ok, love you

I hang up the bright blue bra and text Mom that I'm ready. As I wait for her, I browse through the pants and sweatshirts, but don't find anything worth buying. Mom comes in the store and buys the bra and underwear for me. I carry the bag, and we move onto the next store; American Eagle. There, I buy a gray cardigan, a white crop top that says Free Spirit on it, and a maroon muscle shirt that says YOUR PLACE OR MINE because why not? I finish off my clothes shopping at Aeropostale and Rue 21; typical stores, I know. Don't judge.

I get jeans and some more t-shirts. I get done clothes shopping and decide to take the bags I have to the car.

"I'm gonna go put these in the car. Keys?" I hold out my hand, and Mom places the keys in them. "Find a place to eat and then text me where, yeah?"

"Sure, sweetie." I walk off to the way of the parking lot and find the car. I put all the bags in the trunk, shut it, and then lock the car back. I get back into the mall and text Mom to see where she is and if she's found a place.

no. I'm in food court. come help LOL (this is literally how my mom texts)

ok. be there in a few mins

I find the escalator and go on, riding to the second floor. I spot my mom as soon as I get off and walk over to her. I hand her the keys, and she puts them in her purse.

"I was thinking Chinese or subs." She taps her index finger on her chin. My mother, as you could probably tell, is obsessed with Chinese food.

"Either, doesn't matter to me." She shrugs and moves to get in line at the Chinese place. I shake my head, smiling.

"Did you want to go to the bookstore after this?" Mom asks while we order our food.

"Yeah, that's fine. I've been needing new books. I ran out of ones to read awhile ago." I pause to order my drink. "I've been re-reading Divergent."

Mom pays for the food, and we find a place to sit. I open up my styrofoam box and my plastic fork and spoon.

"So Mom," I start.

"Yeah?" She takes a sip of her drink and looks at me.

"I know this is a lot to ask and everything, but since it's my birthday, I thought I'd give it a try. Um, can I maybe possibly get my nose pierced?" I bite my lip, and wait for her response. She thinks about it for a minute or two before answering.

"Is that what you really want?"

"Yes?"

"Okay." She nods and takes a bite of chicken.

"Really?" I ask, astonished. That wasn't too hard. She nods, chewing.

"Yeah. If it's what you want." I smile.

"Thanks, Mom."

"Welcome, honey." We keep eating and talking for about an hour. Afterwards, we go buy some books, Cracked and Empty by K. M. Walton, and then we're done. We get into the car, and Mom pulls out.

"Am I gonna get it done today?" I ask as we drive on the highway.

"I don't think so. I think you should go home and do some research; to find a good piercer and stuff. Then I'll take you to get it tomorrow after work, alright?"

"Sounds good to me."

When we get close to home, I tell Mom to take me to Nash's house. She turns down his street and pulls into his driveway. I open my door and step out.

"You can leave my bags in the car. I know I have a lot. Nash will take me home when I'm ready, yeah?" She nods. "Bye, love you." I kiss her cheek from the window.

"Love you." I walk to the front porch as Mom drives away behind me. I knock on the door, and Chad answers.

"Cheyenne!" He pulls me in for a hug. "How are you and Aaron?"

"Oh, we broke up."

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that."

"No, it's fine." I smile at him, and he smiles back.

"Nash is in the living room with your demon dog," he jokes. "He bit my hand." He shows me tiny bite marks on his hand and laughs. I laugh too and head into the living room.

"Hey." Nash looks up at me and smiles. Axl perks his head up and comes running over to me. I take off my shoes and sit down on the floor. "Hey buddy. I missed you so much." I kiss his head, and he licks my cheek.

"How did shopping go?" I blush, remembering the bra and snapchat incident.

"It went well; bought some clothes for school and books." He nods. "How did your play date with Axl go?" I laugh.

"Alright." He smiles back at me.

"I love you," I say.

"I love you." I pucker out my lips for him to kiss, but Axl comes up and licks me instead.