twenty

Nash ends up cleaning up after Cameron. He asked me multiple times to help, but I just couldn't.

"I have to take care of Cam," was my excuse every time. I also ended up staying the night with Cameron while Nash went home. I had to fend off Cam multiple times when he tried to kiss me. I had to go through the confession time with him; which always happens when he's drunk. This time he told me 'secrets' that I already knew anyway, like that he used to like me, and he once beat up Nash because he stole something of his. His confessions aren't really confessions, so he hasn't told me anything I should question yet.

*

The next morning, Cameron has a headache after throwing up a couple of times. I get him some pills and water and lay back in bed with him.

"You good? Ya know, besides the headache."

"I'm fine, Cheyenne. Stop worrying about me," he replies, taking my hand. I smile at him.

"Okay. Another question. Do you have any food?"

"Not much. Haven't went shopping in awhile, and I've been going out to eat." I nod.

"Do you wanna order a pizza then?"

"Yeah, I guess. Can we just get cheese? I don't want anything else."

"Yeah, that's fine."

I call in the pizza order, and we watch TV while we wait. When the door bell rings, I put on a pair of shorts from Cameron's drawer and go downstairs. I take Cameron's wallet from the kitchen and open the door. It's not the pizza. It's Marisol.

"Oh, hey," I greet her.

"Hi!" She grins at me and waves. "Can I come in?"

"Um, I guess so. This is quite weird, letting you into a house that's not mine." I laugh. She follows me inside and up the stairs. While we're walking side by side, I decide to ask why she's here.

"Oh. I just wanted to see what you're doing for Cam. Like to make sure he doesn't feel that bad."

"You could've just texted me." I walk into Cameron's bedroom with Marisol, and he's still sitting where I left him; watching TV.

"How much was the- Oh. Hi, Marisol. What are you doing here?"

"I just had to ask Cheyenne something."

"Then why didn't you just text her?"

"I don't know." She's looking at her feet and rocking back and forth.

"Well to answer your question," I start while sitting back down under the covers. "I just gave him some pills, and I'm doing everything for him. Like if he needs anything, I get it for him." She nods while I finish.

"Alright. Well, I'll just leave you two to it. I'll text you later, yeah?"

"Yeah." She exits the room, and I turn my head to Cam. "That.. was weird."

"Yeah, it was. Now, where's the pizza?"

*

When the day was over, Cameron said he would drive me home. I refused at first, seeing as he had a hangover. He said he was feelings much better though, thanks to my nursing.

While we were in the car, my mom called me like twenty times. I finally answer, and all I here is the yelling.

"Mom, mom. Calm down. What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? What's wrong?! Where are you? I tried to call last night. You didn't answer. And you're still not home. You need to come home right now." She rushes.

"Okay, I'm coming home anyway. I was at-"

"You can explain later. Just come home." Then she hangs up.

"Okay then." I place my phone back on my lap and turn up the radio.

"That was fuckin' loud." Cam laughs.

"True." We listen to music all the way to the house. Cameron drops me off outside the house and tells me to tell Mom that he's sorry. "Will do."

"Bye bye."

"Byyeeee." I slam the car door, walk up the sidewalk,  and into the door. Mom's sitting in the the living room, watching Project Runway. "Mom." She picks up the remote and turns off the TV.

"Sit down, please." I sit down beside her on the couch. "Explain."

"Last night, Marisol and I went to a party."

"A what?" she asks, astonished.

"A party. I told you I was going to a party at Taylor's."

"Oh, right. Continue."

"I was with Nash and Cam the whole time." She sighs.

"Okay."

"Alright, so Cam got drunk at the party, and Nash took him home. So, I stayed at Taylor's place to help Marisol clean up. After that, Nash came to pick me up, and I went to Cam's to take care of him while he was drunk. Today, I just took care of him in his hangover-y stage."

"Okay, honey. You're grounded for a month. You can't just not come home and not expect to get in trouble," she lectures.

"I'm sorry. I really am. I accept full punishment."

"It's fine." She hugs me and kisses my forehead. "Do you want to finish watching Project Runway with me?"

"Of course."