three

Monday

School is a hell hole, let me just tell you. Like, it's fucking horrible. Almost all my teachers hate me, and I usually hate them too. I don't learn shit so, school kinda sucks.

I open the door to the classroom, and everyone looks at me. I'm late, as usual.

"Cheyenne, this is-"

"Mrs. Wence. Here is the tardy slip." I hand her the small yellow card and go to my seat in the back of the class. She shakes her head at me with a disapproving look and places the card on her desk. She turns to the whiteboard and continues on teaching about her mathy things. I open my black spiral notebook and try to pay attention, but it doesn't work too well. I end up drawing flowers all over my notebook paper until the end of class. In second block, I continue to do the same as first.

*

Lunch

I haven't talked to, or seen, Christina or Chloe all day. I sit down in between Nash and Aaron after looking around for the two girls. I lean my back against Aaron and look at Nash. "Are you and Chloe still fighting?" I ask, and he nods just the slightest bit.

"You and Chloe are fighting?" Aaron asks, and I lean my head back to look at him. He's so beautiful. I mentally laugh at myself for calling him beautiful.

"Yeah, started Saturday." Nash takes a bite of his burger, and Aaron picks up a french fry from his plate.

"Why aren't you eating?" Aaron asks and pokes me in the side. I squirm away from his touch.

"Just not in the mood to eat, I guess." I shrug. I pull out my phone and text Christina. "Have either of you seen Christina or Chloe?" The two boys look at each other and shake their heads in unison. I look across the table as Taylor, Marisol, Sarah, Azarely, Jack, Matthew, Jack, and Jacob sit down in different spots. I advert my gaze from Taylor to Marisol to Azarely like seven times. I nudge Marisol with my foot, and she looks at me. I hold up my phone, signaling her to check it. I quickly ask her if she's okay with Azarely sitting so close to Taylor and almost burst into laughter at her reply.

why would I even begin to be okay with it? she's a tiny bit of a slut. just a tiny bit.

I smirk at her, and she giggles. Azarely is known as a little bit of a slut, but not as much anymore. She used to steal people's boyfriends and all that jazz, but I haven't heard any gossip about her much anymore. Marisol still isn't too sure about her, and definitely wasn't thrilled when 'the school slut' and her boyfriend became so close. I always assured her nothing would happen between the two, but I honestly wasn't one hundred percent sure about it myself.

"Matthew." I stare at him. He's sitting beside Nash and leans backwards to see me. I knock my knuckles against the white bench. "Where's your girlfriend?" I ask. He shrugs and turns back to his food. I groan. "Did they even come to school?" I wonder out loud.

"Who?" Gilinsky inquires with his mouth full, his arm wrapped around his girlfriend, Sarah.

"Chloe and Christina."

"Haven't seen 'em." He finally swallows food and gulps down some milk.

"I saw them outside this morning when I was coming in," Jacob butts in. "Then they both walked back to Christina's car and drove off."

"Can we just stop talking about them?" Nash says a bit too loud. "Sorry, just, can we pick a different topic? Please."

"How about that baseball game last night?" I say, knowing there actually was a game last night because Aaron made me watch it. That suggestion sparked a conversation between Aaron and Jacob until the end of lunch. How do they talk about baseball so much?

--

After school, I walk home with Aaron. As soon as we get there, I get a text from my mom.

Nash is here. He said he needed to talk to you.

Just after I read that text, a message from Nash comes through.

Come to your house. it's kinda urgent...

"Uh Aaron," I say, uneasy. "I gotta go. Nash is at my house and says he needs to talk to me. Supposedly, it's urgent."

"Okay, do you know what it's about?" I bite the nail on my pointer finger and shake my head. "I'll walk with you." He grabs my hand and tells his mom we'll be back later. I'm still chewing on my nail as we walk down the street. It takes awhile to get to my side of town, and I honestly didn't wanna walk.

"Can we get a ride from your mom or something? I don't really wanna walk." I lean into Aaron, and he looks down at me.

"'Course. I'll get my mom to drive us." We turn around, still hand in hand, and walk back to his house. His mom drives us, and Nash is waiting on the porch when we arrive. He's pacing back and forth when we step onto the porch.

"Cheyenne, she saw us." Nash stops pacing and grabs me by the shoulders. "She saw us. That's why she's so pissed. I tried to call her to ask where she was today, and Christina answered. She said they both saw us on Saturday night."

"What do you mean 'she saw us'? When we were outside?" I question with a confused look on my face.

"No, not outside." He shakes his head, taking his hands off my shoulders and pacing again. "When I brought you inside. You fell asleep so I picked you up and brought you to the couch. You kept clinging to me and saying Aaron's name, I'm guessing you were dreaming. They must have seen you latched onto me." I blush, not remembering that. It does explain why I woke up on the couch though.

"So, what now?"

"She thinks I'm cheating on her with you. She thought I was cheating before, but now she thinks it's with you." I roll my eyes. I do that a lot. Aaron pulls me close to him.

"You guys aren't cheating, right? Because Cheyenne's mine." He kisses my forehead, and I laugh. I wrap my arms around his waist and kiss his cheek.

"Stop being such a jealous pants."