five

being sick sucks but at least you get to lay in bed all day  I tweet out then place my phone back on my stand. I grab the remote and turn down the volume on the TV. I close my eyes and try to fall asleep, but with a pounding headache, it's not easy. I take some more pills and drink a bunch of water. About half an hour later, I finally fall asleep.

When I wake up, I hear my mom talking rather loudly. I text her to lower her voice because I definitely don't want to yell to her and make my headache worse.

"Oh, she's awake. You guys can go see her now." Who's down there? My question is answered when Nash and Cameron walk into my bedroom.

"Hey guys." I slightly smile and scoot towards the middle of the bed so the two boys can sit on the edge.

"How are you feeling?" Nash rubs my shoulder.

"Eh, kinda horrible. How did you know I was sick?"

"Well, I got this feeling deep down inside that my soulmate, you, was sick," Nash answers and laughs. "Nah, I'm just kidding. I saw your tweet, and your mom was talking to my mom on the phone." He's still rubbing my shoulder.

"Do you need anything?" Cameron asks. "We can go get you anything, you just have to ask."

"No, I'm fine." I sit up slowly, Nash's hand falling from my shoulder. I cough, and when I'm done, I cough again.

"How'd you get sick?"

"I uh, I don't know. It's probably just allergies. They get super bad at the beginning of summer." I rub my nose on my hand, feeling as if I have to sneeze. I don't sneeze, thankfully. "I think I'm gonna watch some TV. Do you guys wanna stay and watch?" They both nod and come to sit on either side of me. I move my tissues out of the way and turn on the TV. "What do you guys wanna watch?" I scroll through guide and find nothing. "We're gonna watch Netflix, hand me my laptop," I say before they answer.

"Where is it?" Cameron asks.

"Should be leaning against the stand," I answer and point to my side table. He picks it up and hands it to me. I log on and go to Netflix. "We're watching My Name Is Earl so I hope you like it." I play the next episode in the season, and Nash and Cameron lean closer to see. We all grew up together; our houses all in a row. We're super close and hang out a lot.

"Cheyenne, honey." My mom walks into my room. "Um, your..." She trails off. "Aaron's here. Do you want me to let him up?"

"No, did you tell him they were up here?" She shakes her head. "Okay, thanks. Love you."

"Love you too." She walks back out.

"You guys fighting?" Nash asks.

"Mhm."

"Why?" I pause the show and push my laptop off me.

"Because he's an asshole, that's why." I hear the front door close and sigh. "Can you guys just go? I'll text you later or tomorrow." I put my head in my hands. Neither of them make a move to leave. "Go," I practically scream, and my head starts pounding again. "Please," I say, lowering my voice. I'm about to cry, and I don't want to do it in front of them. Don't cry, Cheyenne. That's just stupid to cry. Especially because of Aaron. I tell myself. They both stand up and go stand by the door. I look over at them.

"Are you okay?" Nash mouths to me. I shake my head, and that's when I start to cry.

*

Nash and Cameron stayed the night that night. They slept on the floor, and when I woke up in the middle of the night and needed something, they both were eager to help.

I woke up at about noon, and the boys were still asleep. I checked my mom's room to see if she was here, but found her downstairs drinking tea.

"I've been waiting for you to wake up," she says when I come into view. "I wanted to know if they could stay here while I go to work. They need my help." I nod and sit down on the couch.

"They should be able to stay here. How long will you be gone?"

"'Til midnight. Will you be okay?" I nod again. She stands up, kisses my forehead, then goes upstairs to her room. She comes down twenty minutes later fully dressed in her work attire. "Call me if you need anything. You know where your medicine is, correct?"

"Yes, mother." She grabs her purse and shoves in her phone, taking out her keys.

"Okay, remember, midnight. I love you." She rushes out the door.

"Love you too," I call. I stare at the white wall above the TV. It's just blank; no pictures, nothing. That's kind of sad.

"Why are you just randomly staring at the wall for no apparent reason?" I turn around to find Cameron.

"Maybe I have a reason."

"Do you?" He smirks.

"Nope." I shrug and turn back around, leaning into the couch. He sits down beside me and laughs. "What?" He picks up a framed picture from the stand at the end of the couch. It's a picture of me with a cake in front of me, a number five candle sticking out.

"Do you remember this?"

"Not really since I was only five, and I've lost half of my memory." I laugh along with him.

"Well, I kinda remember it. I was eight, I'm pretty sure. But this birthday is the day we met Nash. He moved in next to you so his parents brought him over."

"Oh yeah," I say, taking the picture from him. "Damn, I was cute."