{CHAPTER THREE : PUREBLOODS AND PUDDING}

LOVERBOY

{JAMES FLEAMONT POTTER}

"Why do we have to go with the little people?" Eva groaned as the two sixth years walked down a muddy path towards a large lake.

"We haven't been sorted yet and neither have they."

They continued down the path until they got to the bank of the lake, which was lined with small, wooden rowing boats. The large, rugged man that they had followed there told them to get in, four to a boat. The blonde and the brunette were joined by a girl with curly, black hair and a boy with startling blonde hair.

"You two don't look like first years." The girl said.

"We're actually sixth years," Maeve answered sweetly.

"W-why aren't you taking the carriages like all the other students?" The boy asked his voice quivered slightly, it was obvious he was scared.

"We're new," Maeve responded simply.

"Why are you shaking?" Eva asked the boy rather rudely.

"E..."

"I-I can't swim." The boy gulped as he looked down at the inky-black water the boat was gliding through.

"You won't fall in," Maeve reassured.

"How do you know that?" The girl questioned.

"The boats can't tip, they're charmed so no matter how rough the water is they won't." The brunette lied through her teeth.

"Maeve there isn't-"

"Eva, don't you remember Aidan telling us about the charms placed on the boats," Maeve said sending a look to her friend.

"Oh, of course. How could I forget?"

The girl didn't look like she believed a word they said, but the boy sat straighter and the colour started to return to his face.

Once they got off the boats, they were led up to the entrance of the school where a stern-looking woman, with her hair slicked back into a tight bun, awaited their arrival. She led them through the Entrance Hall to a small room, where she introduced herself as Professor McGonagall, explained the house system and told them to wait until they were ready for them.

"What house do you think you'll be in?" The girl from the boat asked.

"Both my brothers were in Gryffindor, but I'm not really sure if I'm honest," Maeve answered, the girl nodded and looked at Eva expectedly.

"I have no clue-" Eva was about to ask the girl the same question, but Professor McGonagall returned before she got the chance.

"We're ready for you now, can Maeve Brody and Evangeline Hansson please come to the front." The girls moved promptly then they followed the woman into the Great Hall.

There were four tables, each filled with chattering students. When the new students entered all eyes went to the two girls at the front of the line and whispers spread like wildfire across the hall. James caught Maeve's eye and waved. Eva discreetly shot a look at his scarred friend, who like always had his nose firmly planted in a book.

"Brody, Maeve" She walked up to the front and had an old, wizard's hat placed on her head.

"Interesting. I see a strong thirst for knowledge, but it is nowhere near as strong as your thirst to prove yourself. There's only one place for you... GRYFFINDOR." Maeve rushed down and took the empty seat beside James at the cheering table clad in red and gold.