Chapter 26: Heart & Drive

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Competition: day 1

[Toronto, Ontario]

-Andrea's POV-

Today is a significant time for Yuzuru; the short program for boys starts within a few hours, which makes everybody feel anxious but excited about the big event. Your friends came from Japan only to watch Yuzuru's performance, and they will stay for the entire competition to support both of you. It is astonishing to think about the things that changed around your life. However, there's someone who comes from the past that hasn't moved on as you wished.

Xander is competing today against Shibuya and Yuzuru. The short program has extraordinary talents, so you aren't sure of how well Xander will play his game. It's upsetting to see that Xander isn't giving up on what you had time ago, and it bothers more than before because now you have Yuzuru by your side, and you don't want him to take out his wild side due to Xander's behavior.

Right now, you are at the locker rooms where some people of the media and journalists are asking questions to various ice skaters. Yet, you are back in here because you are looking for Yuzuru; he texted you and asked you to come since he wanted to see you before he needed to perform.

As you were looking around, you suddenly felt someone hugging you from behind, which made you chuckle immediately.

You turned around to face Yuzuru; he's smiling while holding you against him.

-You look very handsome. – You grinned while looking into Yuzuru's eyes.

-Hmm, the makeup artist did a great job then. – Yuzuru chuckled slightly.

-Come on! You are just showing off your beauty. – You exclaimed, making him laugh even more.

You stared at him before he pecked your lips. -Today is your time to shine; make it worth it, and enjoy every second. Okay? – You told him while holding Yuzuru's cheek.

Yuzuru nodded. -Are you going to see me? – He asked.

-Of course! I'm going to be sitting down next to our friends; everyone came to support you in this new competition. – You spoke while smiling at him.

-They came for both; remember that you are part of this world now. – Yuzuru said while caressing your chin, making you blush slightly.

-I know that; you don't have to remind me every day. – You complained cutely.

Yuzuru chuckled before kissing your head. -Have fun, Yuzuru. I'll be watching you. – You softly said before moving apart from him. After that, you said one last goodbye before you got towards the steps and joined the rest of your friends.