Chapter 20: Other Chances

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Next day*

-Zack's POV-

This morning I did the same things I would usually do. I went to the coffee shop and ordered my coffee, then I walked towards the publishing house and got inside my office. Ever since then I haven't stopped working on what it seems to be my last project in this place. Luang has been coming and going, after all, he wants to know everything that is happening with the manga. However, I think he's trying to see if Minghao is around; it had been rumoured around the office the friendship Minghao and I are starting to develop, after all, he knows Yuzuru and Andy, plus, we used to work in the same publishing house.

Also, I've been looking through the news to see what's juicy today. It was surprising to see Xander in the main news with his new partner for the pairs program, and it seems that she's a good ice skater, even though she's barely starting along with Xander. On the brighter side, there was news about Andrea and Yuzuru; people are already starting to ship them together and they are thrilled to see them perform on the pairs program. Also, Yuzuru fans love Andrea because she was able to put Yuzuru on that program after so many petitions. I know they'll win, so, I'm just enjoying Xander's downfall.

Currently, I'm working on the manga. I'm just doing some final touches while seeing what else I should get done before signing my waiver and finally say goodbye to this place. Suddenly, I started to hear someone shouting, it seems some sort of argument. I didn't hesitate to take my stuff and get out of the office as soon as I realized that the people fighting were Luang and Minghao.

I got out and started to jog towards the reception area that was just a few steps away from my office. I looked at the whole situation and noticed that all the employees were watching them argue.

-If you are fired is because you weren't good enough – Luang shouted upset.

-I was good enough and you know that! I was good at my job, I was good with you and even when you wanted me to please you on the bed. I was good at everything you wanted me to, and it didn't matter if I wasn't feeling like it because I just wanted you to be happy – Minghao said angrily.

I can't let him humiliate himself like this anymore.

I walked towards Minghao before Luang could say something back.

-This is enough – I told Luang. –You have to accept that you lost and that he doesn't need you; he never did. You are the one who needs him, and I'm sorry to say this to you, Luang, but you won't get him back in any of your fantasies – I stated before taking Minghao's hand, then I got towards the stairs and got away from there with Minghao by my side.

As soon as we reached the final floor, I looked back at him. He was tearing up a little bit, but he wasn't as bad as I imagined which is good. I took him by his shoulders before he hugged me tightly; I didn't deny his affection and just caressed his back to make him feel calmer.

-I'm sorry you had to witness that mess – Minghao stuttered.

-It wasn't your fault, so, don't even apologize – I sighed. –I got so worried – I murmured.

-Are you serious? – Minghao asked while looking at me surprised.

I nodded. –Don't look at me that way, I got very worried to see you so vulnerable, that doesn't suit you at all – I joked.

-You are right – He chuckled. –But I couldn't help it, I guess he has some sort of control over me – Minghao said embarrassedly.

-Let's change that from now on, alright? – I said before hugging him again.

-Aw, I should tell Shibuya that you found his replacement – I heard that freak say.

Minghao stopped holding me and stood beside me, both stared at Xander seriously while he had that disgusting smirk on his face.

-This isn't your business, Xander – I spoke.

-No, but Shibuya is going to be destroyed when he finds out that you have someone else – Xander told me.

-What if he does? Both of them moved on because of better reasons – Minghao said seriously. –Just like Andrea did; she moved on to better things – He mocked.

Xander frowned but before he could say something, Minghao just smirked.

-Give up, when both of them win over you and your new partner, you'll see that their connection is something you never had with her – Minghao stated. –By the way, Shibuya should know about us, it'll be better if we keep the past away – He said before taking my hand, then we walked away from him.

We kept on walking towards his car, I just glanced back once and noticed that Xander was walking away too. Then I stared at Minghao confused by the things he said.

-You were brave there – I told him.

-That suits me better, don't you think? – Minghao joked which made me chuckle slightly. –By the way, sorry if what I said made you feel uncomfortable. I didn't like what he said to you – He admitted.

-No, don't worry about it – I assured. –I-It didn't make me feel uncomfortable at all – I said shyly.

What the hell? Control yourself, Zack.

-I'm glad – He smiled.

We stood beside his car and stopped, finally his hand got away from mine which made me feel confused for some reason. We smiled at each other before he caressed the back of his head.

-Andrea and Yuzuru called me this morning, they were concerned about the new residence for Yuzuru and your project – Minghao said. –I wanted to ask you what you'll do – He added.

-To be honest, I talked with my father and he told me that he's going to build the publishing house anywhere I tell him, so, I don't have any problem with that – I assured. –But, what about you? – I asked.

He smiled before cluttering my hair. –Don't worry about me, I'll go anywhere you tell me to – He assured.

-Thanks, Hao. I appreciate that a lot – I smiled.

-Anything for you – Minghao grinned. –Do you want to go somewhere else? – He asked.

-Do you? – I questioned.

-Maybe – Minghao chuckled slightly. –Take your car and I'll text you the place – He assured.

-Okay, I'll trust you on this one – I teased.

He just laughed before getting inside his car. Immediately, I ran towards mine and got inside as well.

I was feeling excited about going out with him, even though he's my friend, I'm glad that we can be together after suffering for people who didn't deserve us as we do deserve us.