Strike (Part 2)

De-Sinclair Mansion

Everyone was currently crying their eyes out. They couldn't believe what had just happened to Ronnie on TV. Kalianna was on the phone with her mother, tears streaming down her face.

"Mom, I need to borrow the private jet...Why? I literally just saw my friend get hurt on TV! Please just tell the pilot to get the jet ready! ...Thank you!" The noirette hung up and turned to her friends. "Guys, come on! We're going to California!"

~~~~~~~~

"Were too Ms. De-Sinclair?" The pilot, a man with brain hair and yellow eyes, Ruben, questioned when Kalianna and her friends boarded the plane.

"To California" Kali responded frantically.

Ruben nodded and walked towards the cockpit.

"Whoa" Logan said in awe as he looked around. "This jet looks more like a home to me!"

The others hummed in agreement while Chloé just rolled her eyes.

"Oh please, it's not that nice"

"It's nicer than your makeup" Marinette retorted with a smirk, causing everyone to snicker while Chloé just glared at the bluenette.

"Everyone sit down! We're getting ready for take-off!" Ruben yelled from the cockpit.

The teens all found a place to sit down. Juleka sat down by Rose and leaned on her shoulder, chewing on her thumbnail. Everyone looked at her, sensing her worry.

"Don't worry, Juleka, I'm sure Ronnie will be fine" Kim reassured.

"No he won't. We all heard he said, he...he couldn't feel his legs" Juleka muttered, tears outlining her eyes.

The group all stayed quiet, not uttering a word. Despite trying to be positive, they knew that what Jackson did to Ronnie on the track would have life-threatening consequences.

~~~~~~~~

The plane was now airborne. There were no troubles at all, it was a smooth flight except for the minor turbulences here and there. 

Everyone had called their parents, informing them that they were on a plane to California. Needless to say, the parents were all freaked out, especially Adrien's father, but when the teens explained why they were going, they only warned them to be careful and to come back soon.

Kalianna got up and went to the back of the plane, she opened a door that led to a bedroom and entered it before closing the door behind her. The noirette flopped down on the bed and sighed sadly. 

Sunny came out from the girl's hair and looked at her owner with big, dejected eyes. "I'm sorry about your friend"

"It's not your fault Sunny, it's that cheater Jackson's" Kal gritted her teeth after saying Jackson's name. "When I see him I swear I'll-!"

The door opened just then. Sunny hid behind the pillows as Adrien came in and closed the door behind him.

"You okay?" Adrien asked, sitting on the edge of the bed.

Kalianna propped herself up with her elbows. "No, no I'm not. But I can't be worse than Juleka. I mean, to watch someone you love get hurt on TV like that?"

"I can't imagine being in Ronnie's place right now..."

"Don't" Kalianna crawled towards her boyfriend and cupped his cheeks. "I don't ever want that to happen to you okay? So don't think about that"

Adrien gave her a mouth-closed smiled while he held one of her delicate hands in his. As they were about to kiss, someone knocked on the door.

"Uh, hey you too. The pilot said that we were landing soon so I just thought I'd let you guys know" Marinette spoke warily from the other side of the door.