Riposte

Mr. D'Argencourt paces between two lines of students. "I am the fencing master, Mr. D'Argencourt. As I'm sure you're aware, we have only one open spot on the team this year" Armand stops and faces the challengers. "So, in order to select the best possible candidate, I will observe the beginners performing a number of attacks on the experienced students"

Marinette looked around. "Where's Adrien?"

Armand gestures with his arm to his students. "Get into position" 

Marinette is still looking around for Adrien when a couple students approach her.

"Hey!" The first one chirped, she sounded like a female. 

"Seems like your looking for someone" The second one said, he sounded like a male.

"Yeah, I thought Adrien was here. You know, a boy this tall" Marinette gestures to about Adrien's height then puts her hand to her cheek. "Blonde, nice, super handsome?"

The students lifted up their masks to reveal their faces, Kalianna and Adrien.

"Thanks for the compliments!" Adrien thanked.

Marinette yelped in surprise. 

"And your right, he is pretty handsome" Kalianna agreed, making Adrien blush.

"Uh, I didn't know you were into fencing, Marinette" The blonde-haired boy said.

"Kalianna, hi! A-Adrien! Nice to fencing, I'm totally into you! Uhh, I mean, nice to see you! Yeah, I'm totally into fencing" Marinette stammered.

Kali and Adrien chuckled. 

Marinette giggled awkwardly and smiled.

"Get into position! Ms. Dupain-Cheng, you are paired with him" Armand said, pointing at a boy with brown hair and green eyes. "Ms. De-Sinclair, you are paired with Mr. Agreste" 

Marinette looked down and walked over to the boy with brown hair. She was sad that she's wasn't paired with Adrien and she was also jealous that Kalianna got to spend more time with him. 

"Huh, well what do ya know, I'm paired with the first best fencer" Kalianna flirted.

"And who's the second-best?" Adrien asked with a smirk.

"Me!" Kalianna cheered. 

Adrien chuckled. It was true, Kal was the second-best fencer. 

The two lovers got into position while Marinette kept staring at them, not focusing on her partner.

"Greet each other!" Armand instructed. He crosses his saber arm over his chest and then snaps it out to his side in the traditional fencing greeting. Adrien and Kalianna then greeted each other.

"En garde! Prêt, allez!" Armand exclaimed. 

The students begin fencing while D'Argencourt watches. Adrien lunged at Kalianna, but she dodges and strikes back. 

"Attaque! Touche. Point!" Armand indicates Kalianna. "Continue!"

The amber-eyed girl lifted up her mask and nodded. She then looked over to where Marinette and her partner were fencing, the bluenette was doing pretty well! "Whoa, Marinette's really good at fencing!"

"I know, I guess she's been practicing" Adrien pointed out. 

The two continued fencing. Adrien blocks Kalianna before she got him in the chest. "Guess your right, Princess. I am the first best fencer!"

Kalianna laughed. "Don't get overconfident now!"

They were about to start fencing again, but a shout interrupted them. Everyone turned and saw a figure in red fencing gear standing on the scoring box, carrying a red saber. Kagami Tsurugi.