Chapter 23

Randy and I both gave each other knowing looks before running around the living room and kitchen. We were currently home alone together, and we had planned to watch the first Star Wars movie, which should be starting on t.v. any minute. He was in charge of getting the popcorn, drinks, and candy, while I was grabbing pillows and blankets to make the couch more comfortable. It was funny how right on the dot we sat on the sofa next to each other, me grabbing the remote to turn the t.v. set on. Finally we were able to relax as the movie started, me cuddling up to his side. The film was kind of boring at first, but then it really picked up and I was completely focused on the program before me. Once the credits started to roll I was finally broken out of my trance, realizing I barely had any of the refreshments.

"Do you want to watch the next movie that's on," I wondered, since the second movie in the series was next.

"No, I think I'm done watching t.v. for now," he admitted. I went ahead and turned the television off, silence filling the room.

"When do you think everyone will be home," I wondered.

"It's hard telling. Mom has her psychological patients, Dad's working on a big "Tool Time" for tomorrow, Brad's at soccer practice, and Mark... He's probably off with Ronnie or something."

"I worry about Mark sometimes. You know since he's started wearing nothing but black, and doesn't talk much."

"Yeah, I think Mom worries about him too. He'll be fine. He always is. He's just expressing himself," Randy responded, me barely nodding my head since it was resting against his shoulder.

"So, how's your article going for the newspaper," I wondered.

"Better this time. Dad was not happy when I called out Binford on using excess pollution."

"I know, but I'm glad you got things worked out," I softly spoke.

"Me too. I just care a lot about the future of our planet. How can people just dump toxic waste into the ocean?"

"I don't know, but what I do know is I love you for being so passionate about something."

"Yeah?" His smile stole my breath away.

"Yeah," I confirmed, our eyes dancing between each other's.

"You know we should probably clean up before Mom gets home."

"Yeah, we should," I agreed, but our gazes were still locked on one another's, and we weren't moving. I held my breath as he slowly leaned in, our lips connecting. We kept the kisses slow, but then they were starting to get a bit more passionate. I even found myself lying back on the couch as he hovered over me. I hadn't even realized it had become a delicate make out session, my head spinning. When Randy's lips moved down to my jaw and then my neck it shocked me, but I ended up screaming like a squeak when I saw Brad looking down at us.

"You better stop that before Mom gets in," Brad spoke, Randy abruptly pulling away, his face more red than I had ever seen it.

"Too late," Jill commented, not looking happy as she arrived in the kitchen. I couldn't even imagine how rosy my complexion was, feeling as though even my ears were growing hot. "Katie, can I talk to you? And Randy, I want you to talk to your father when he gets home."

"Oh no, you guys are gonna get "The Talk," Brad told us. "Dad had that with me. It was really weird at first, but ended up not being so bad. I would never go through that again though."

"Thanks, Brad," Randy sarcastically reacted, me following Jill into the garage.

"Katie, I know that you and Randy are young and in love, but you have to remember something like this is a big step. There's a lot of emotional responsibility that comes with it, and it makes me a bit uneasy knowing you're in the basement alone all the time. I mean, I know I said I trusted you, but I also know how hard the temptation can be. Just please be careful, and if you have any questions, then please come to me. I'll try to be as open and unbiased as possible."

"I swear that nothing like that has ever happened before, Jill. I don't think Randy and I even want to be doing stuff like that. We were just kissing, and I don't know... He was the one that made the moves first."

"Men are like that. That's why us women are always saying, 'no.'"

I nodded my head faintly, hoping beyond anything this discussion could end. I was becoming sweaty and more anxious. Thankfully it was over soon, and I sat with Brad on the couch as Randy spoke with their dad in the garage next.

"That was so awkward," I emphasized against my hands, since they were covering my face.

"Hey, Mom went a lot easier on you than she did me. When she found me with a girl she yelled and got really mad," Brad shared.

"It still was awful." I sighed before looking over at Brad.

After an agonizing few minutes Randy had emerged from the garage with his dad, not appearing as upset as I had been after my talk with Jill.

Later that night I knocked on Randy's door extra lightly, hesitant to come in.

"Hey." Randy shot me a small smile as I did the same.

"Hey," I echoed before carefully sitting beside him on his bed. "What happened earlier?" I asked after I puffed out my cheeks and sighed.

"I don't know. I guess I got carried away. I'm sorry, Katie. I know we both aren't ready for something like that. Plus, we could have avoided the worst talks of our lives if I hadn't been so stupid."

"You weren't stupid. I let you keep kissing me. It's my fault too. Do you think your parents will ever feel comfortable with us alone again?"

"Yeah, when we're married," Randy joked, but my heart fluttered from him saying that.

"Do you really think we'll get married someday?"

"Of course. I really love you, Katie, and I think I'd actually prefer if we waited before doing anything until then."

"Really? But your parents lived together before they got married."

"I know, but I just would rather do things this way. Besides, why put off getting married when I know how I feel about you now?"

"You're not talking about eloping, are you," I joked.

He blushed a tiny before quickly defending, "No, I mean like when we're 18 and graduated from high school. I want to start my life with you as soon as possible."

"You know, I think we've already lived a lifetime together. We've been together through so much and so long, but it's only brought us closer together."

"Yeah, I can't imagine not knowing you." My eyes danced between his as I fell in love with him further.

"I'm glad what happened today happened, or we wouldn't of had this conversation. I never knew you felt that strongly about me, Randy."

"Now you know," Randy spoke, his half smile so endearing.

I leaned in as we shared a simple and delicate kiss, us hugging straight after. I loved this boy with every ounce of my being.

A/N: Hey guys, this was an awkward chapter. I hope you still liked it though. Please remember to comment, vote, and follow if you did. Thank you! <3