Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

"Lacie went on a date with Trent and I'm just finding out about this now?" Megan asks shooting up from my bed.

"Yup and they kissed," Stephanie answers twirling a strand of blue hair around her finger and my eyes widen.

"How did you—?"

"They kissed!" Megan yells and Stephanie nods leaning back against her bed pillows. Then my phone beeps in front of me and I lean forward to check it.

Wherefore art thou, Vanilla?

A goofy smile spreads across my lips before I can stop it.

"Oh my god, look at her face. She totally likes him." Megan's voice brings my head back up, but then my phone beeps again and I look back down. "What did he say?" She asks and the bed squeaks as she leans over.

"He asked if I wanted to come over and watch a movie in his dorm," I say, but Stephanie's gasp has me looking back up. "What?"

"That's code for 'come over and let's make out.'"

"...And maybe do other things," Savannah continues and they giggle while my eyes widen.

"Oh man, it's been awhile since I've been with a guy," Stephanie says stretching her legs out.

"Wait, who was your first?" Savannah asks turning to her cousin.

"Patrick Gemski on Prom night."

"Are you serious?" Savannah gawks and Stephanie grins.

"Yeah, and he was good too."

"Oh god." Savannah slaps her arm.

"Hey!" Stephanie rubs the spot she slapped. "What about you?"

"An old friend." Savannah shrugs and Stephanie nods before looking over at me.

"What about you, Lacie? How did you lose it?"

"I, uh..." I don't even bother to continuing knowing my face clearly says it all.

"Oh. My. God." Stephanie sits up straight. "You're still a..." She trails off and I think my whole face just about turns bright red. "Oh. My. God."

"Jeez, you make it sound like a bad thing," Megan grumbles beside me and Savannah gasps.

"You too, Meg?"

"What?" Megan shrugs. "Doesn't anyone wait until marriage anymore?"

Stephanie slumps back against the wall. "I don't necessarily think you have to. I think all you need is someone you're comfortable with."

"And you were comfortable with Patrick Gemski?" Savannah quips and Stephanie shoves her before they both laugh.

"What did you tell him?" Megan asks beside me and nods to my phone.

"Oh, I'll just tell him I can't come," I say, picking up my phone.

"Oh no," Stephanie comes over and rips the phone out of my hands. "You're going."

"Wait, but I have a lab write-up due—" My protest is in vain as I go to grab the phone back from her, but she holds it away from me.

"Too late, I already said yes."

"Great," I mutter and fall back onto my bed.

Stephanie laughs dropping my phone beside me. "Oh come' on, Lacie, it's been like two days since your date."

"Three," I say sitting back up and she just waves her hand.

"Whatever, it's a Saturday night and you're going."