Chapter Four

Chapter Four

"Is that him? Oh no." Stephanie brings a finger up to her lips before pointing it again. "Is that him?" I shift around, pulling my legs up into a pretzel position, and rest my laptop on them. My butts beginning to feel a little numb against the grass of the quad as Stephanie, Megan, Savannah, and I are currently sitting underneath the shade of the big oak tree.

"Steph, haven't you seen him already?" I ask as she continues to point at the random guys around us.

"Yeah, but I only saw his back. His very attractive back, might I add." I shake my head continuing to maintain my focus on my laptop screen. "Oh that's him! That's got to be him!"

In my peripheral vision I see Stephanie excitedly pointing in the direction of a picnic table about ten feet away, which is currently occupied by a group of guys. Least to say, Steph has kind of become obsessed with my love life, or lack thereof. And I can't help, but compare her shameless actions to Layla's and that's only making me miss my irritating, yet very loving little sister even more.

"Steph, stop pointing like a crazy person," Savannah says reaching over and slapping Stephanie's hand down, but she lifts it back up.

"That's him though right?" I look up at the table and scan all their faces before my eyes land on spiked up blonde hair as he tilts his head back laughing.

"Yeah... that's him." I look back down at my laptop screen in a attempt to stop the fluttering that erupted in the pit of my stomach at just the mere sight of him. Curse college guys and their effect on my hormones.

"Yes! I knew it!"

"Where is he?" Megan asks and Stephanie not so discreetly points towards him. "Oh, he's pretty hot."

"Right?"

"Leave the poor guy alone." Savannah huffs before looking back down at her book and I silently thank her for not making a big deal out of it, unlike her cousin.

"You guys are so weird." I finally say and Stephanie finally peels her eyes away from Trent.

"What was that?"

"Nothing." I start typing on my laptop again refusing to let thoughts of Trent and his above average good looks inhibit my ability to finish this assignment and we all go silent for a few minutes, doing our own work, until Stephanie gasps.

"What?" Megan asks and we all follow her gaze across the lawn only to see Trent talking to a girl. She flips her slick raven hair over her shoulder while standing up straighter. I despise myself for despising the way her perfected posture perfects her perfect hourglass figure.

"Begging for attention, are we?" Savannah mumbles flipping the page of her book as another girl bounces over, along with another, as if their attracted like moths to flame. And he said girls run away from him. "Huh, looks like he's got a fan club."

"I'm sorry, Lacie." Stephanie's soft tone only makes me laugh.

"Why are you apologizing? He's just having a conversation. It's not like he's getting married." Steph opens her mouth to reply, but I quickly cut in before she can change my nonchalant thinking towards the situation. "Want to go get some lunch?"

"Sure." They all nod and we pack up our things before heading towards the student lounge.

"Ugh, I can't believe him," Stephanie says still staring at Trent as we walk.

"Steph, it's not like—"

"We're together, I barely know him. Yeah, yeah." She waves me off. "Oh. My. God... Oh. My. God!" Stephanie slaps my arm repeatedly making me adjust my backpack strap with an annoyed huff.