Chapter 21- Thoughts

Cedric's POV (Come onnnnn I knew you missed him!!)

The clock marked 3:15 AM as I paced around our room, pondering on my thoughts, wondering what would we do if the humans were to come to the Earth once more. A sigh left my lips as I looked out the window. I thought about the war, the things I had heard about it. We were taught to hate humans, we were taught to not trust them. But can you really blame our parents? Not even they participated in the war...

The Great War.

I remembered being told stories by the Old Ones and my master in Special Training. How cruel and heartless they were with us, how it didn't matter if it were kids, women or old people, we were monsters, something that didn't have a purpose. Something that have to be killed and erased from this world. We didn't kill their young, we didn't touch their women, we seemed to be more civilized than them. There was no reason for it, and our leaders, our ancestors back then, knew better than to give more reasons for humans to hate us.

A small grunt was heard behind me and I turned immediately to check on my mate. She turned over and her hand reached out to my side of the bed, her eyes still closed. I smiled at the gesture, I loved her so damn much. 18 years had gone by, 18 years have been spent by her side already, 18 years since the day I found her. 18 years and she still reached out for me in her sleep. 18 years and I still got jealous at every man that looked at her, I still felt overprotective even though I knew how powerful she was, she still looked fragile to me, precious.

My precious little mate.

I still remembered the feeling that got to me when I caught her scent that afternoon in the forest, how it instantly hipnotized me into a trance, how it guided to the love of my life, my soulmate.

Yes, mate bonds were strong, but you still had the freedom of really falling in love with the person chosen for yourself. I truly believed there wasn't a possibility of hating your mate forever even if you hated them at the beginning, until Hayden told us about his father. 

I snapped out of my daze when a whimper reached my ears and I hurried to Kay's side.

"Ced? Ced?!" she began to panic and I immediately took her into my arms, craddling her.

I watched her put her tiny arms around my neck, hiding her face into my chest and inhaling my scent as deep as possible.Instinctively, my face went to hide in her hair, her essence calming me and filling my mind completely.

"Shh, baby, it's okay sweetie. I'm here. I'm not going anywhere." I kissed her hair and rested my cheek on the top of her head. She was shaking and I held her even tighter against me.

"Never leave me, please Cedric, never leave me." she whispered softly.

 My wolf growled at her words. We would never ever leave our little mate, Never.

"I'm here honey, I'll always be here."

"I love you." she whispered before going limp into sleep once again.

I picked her up as I arranged myself in the bed, sitting against the headboard, Kay's body wrapped up in my arms as I soothingly caressed her hair.

I knew another war was coming, a real one. Darrian's situation hadn't even lasted a couple days, when we were expecting much worse. It had been almost way too easy. I knew the humans wouldn't mind hurting our race at any cost. They wanted us extinct. I feared for the young ones, I feared for the mates. Even if we still managed to survive, a lot of us would be left mateless or wouldn't have the chance to meet each other ever. And things got even more complicated if some turned to have mates among the humans. It had happened sometimes of what I had heard, not common now that we were used to not having humans with us. Still, I didn't expect my daughter to be mated to a rare kind of hybrid, right? 

Sighing, I lowered myself so I was resting my head on the pillow, Kay's small body curled up against mine.

My eyes went to look at her, sleeping peacefully now, inhaling deeply. I smiled and knew I wouldn't be able to ever live without her. What if someone took her away? or killed her? I wouldn't be able to live with myself or the pain. And I knew that she would feel the same if something happened to me. We both needed each other to remain sane.

I kissed the top of her head.

"I love you, sweetheart." I linked her before letting myself into a deep slumber.

I had my mate in my arms, safe and sound. My daughter had found her mate, she was safe with him.

Everything was okay. For now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehe.....

Sorry? *insert cute innocent face here*

MY SWEETEST DEAREST ANGELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry I hadn't updated in sooo long!!!!

I had ran out of ideas and I just didn't want to mess the story up!!!

Please please please forgive me???

This is just a filler, I know.

More will come soon!!

-Stardust xx.