Chapter 26- Monster

Cedric's POV

"Kay! Go back to the castle and make sure everyone is safe!"

My mate grunted but knew I was right this time.

"Please keep looking for our baby, Ced." She whimpered as she took a couple wolves with her.

I howled and barked for the rest to keep searching for my daughter and her mate. It had been a couple hours since her wolf had contacted us and the whole pack was now working on finding her.

She was my daughter, but right now she also was a new hope for the whole race. We couldn't lose her and have a prohecy not to be fulfilled.

"Alpha, we caught a scent, but it faded after a few meters." I howled in annoyance.

"Keep looking."  I simply ordered.

Everyone bowed their heads and went back to a race against time.

Who was the monster that took my daughter away? When we need her the most? 

I struggled to think about who could ot would be able to do so. Naida wasn't one to submit, especially since she was royal. It must have taken her by surprise. Right then I started thinking about the huge thing that had made its appearance a couple days ago.

"ALPHA! We heard a siren go off in the western area!"

My ears perked up to check and actually heard a siren faintly in the distance.

Whoever this monster was...it was going down. (for real XD)

"Kay! Warn the pack, there is a possible traitor, whoever it is, if they have allies they better uncover themselves if they wanna be spared."

We began running then, the sirens getting louder with each step, everyone focused on the mission.

Find Naida and Hayden.

Get the author of this.

As fast as possible.

"Keep running and don't get distracted, these are traitors we are dealing with. Not humans."

Soon enough, we reached a cabin, but the sirens seemed to come from the underground. I sniffed the air, searching for my daughter's scent. It was weak, but it was there, Naida definitely was here.

We split in two groups, one to check the perimeter and the other to break into the cabin.

The alarm went silent soon enough and we began moving more cautiously, the ones that were going in decided to shiftand so I began leading them to what seems like the entrance.

I froze when I caught the scent of a second female. And silver. I could definitely sense silver.

"Attention, there is a female involved, and I have a feeling it was her who started this, please remain alert and don't trust anyone you might find besides my daughter and her mate. Understood?"

"Yes, Alpha."

I nodded my head as I opened the cabin's door and quickly glanced in.

Empty.

I signaled with my hand for my men to go inside and started looking for whatever the entrance to the underground was. Feet carefully stepping on the floor, we advanced and finally uncovered an entrance hidden behind a bookshelf.

A couple of men volunteered to go first and proceeded cautiously to walk down the dark corridor. Something similar to the cling of a chain was heard and I felt everyone freeze in their tracts.

"Luke, Samuel, what do you see?" I heard someone ask through the group's link.

"A couple of chains are being dragged on one end of the room, it seems like the entrance of a maze." Samuel responded.

"I think I can recognize the face, Alpha... it seems to be Landon Colt, former member of the former Dark Moon pack's army."

A flashback took me to the celebration party that took place the night of Kay's and I's coronation as King and Queen of the wereowlf race. I recalled a certain Landon, and remembered how Kay had felt insecure and restless because of him.

We had done research about him,and found nothing but a miserable childhood as his background.

This was going to get interesting.

"Is there someone with him?" I questioned, pushing my mind to find a link or some kind of hint to what could possibly be going on here.

"There seems to be a... girl."

————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

O.O

I'm just gonna leave this right here...

-Stardust xx.