Chapter 18- Waterlover

Naida's POV

I squealed as Christie splashed me, again.

"Christie!! It's damn cold!!!!" I laughed and shivered at the same time.

We had managed to leave our mates behind, and seems like they got lost or something. We must be really good at hiding and leaving fake scent trails. 

"Don't pretend you aren't loving it." she stuck her tongue out and turned her back on me.

I scowled and then smirked evilly as I creeped up to her. I lunged to push her into the lake but she turned around just at the perfect moment to pull me along with her.

I squealed as the ice cold water came into contact with my skin and my breath hitched, stopping immediately as I splashed and sank into the water. My skin had by now goosebumps all over, a shudder taking over my body as I swam to the surface.

"Dammit, Christie!!!" I reached a shallow point and took a look down to my clothes, the water reaching up to my waist.

I groaned.

"How are we going to get back now!? I can't let my parents see me like this!! They wouldn't even allow me to go into the forest...." Realization hit me. We shouldn't be out. Not by ourselves.

The monster...

"Oh, don't worry about that, I heard there are some patrols around the forest just in case someone senses that thing's smell." Christie shrugged it off as she swirled her hands around the water.

I mirrored her actions and relaxed my tense back.

Ever since I was little water had attracted me. It intrigued me, how something so beautiful could be so destructive and deathly or calming and healing.

I walked along the shallow part, admiring the lake's bottom rocks. Fish swam and twirled around my feet, probably curious about what I was. That was an advanatge of being supernatural, animals didn't fear you as much as they did to humans. You could get close to them and even understand what they meant at times, thank the wolves spirits for that.

My hands went to take my shorts and shirt off, leaving my body in nothing but my bra and panties. Jaz decided it was the time to think about my mate finding us like this, what he would do to us...

"Quit the dirty thoughts Jaz!" I scolded her, my cheeks flushing. 

"He is my mate, I can't think of him whatever I like and want to." she huffed.

"We don't want Christie to think about that though, right?" I mentally smirked, knowing how possessive and jealous wolves could get.

She growled and remained quiet, letting me know I had won.

 I chuckled and began going deeper into the water. I absolutely adored the sensation of water gliding smoothly across my skin, relaxing me almost immediately. I dived in and began swimming down to the bottom, not having a problem to contain my breath. My eyes travelling from one place to another.

I always found the bottom of this lake quite fascinating. The rocks were almost glittering, small plants growing in between them, colorful fish swimming all around the bigger rocks and the amazing crystal clear water that didn't bother my eyes at all. I stopped and frowned as I observed some strange glittering thing at the very bottom. My hair began floating all around my head as I tried to stay in place, debating myself whether to go and checkt it out or just leave it alone.

"It's probably some rock." Jaz was clearly not amused or intrigued, so I hesitated once more before I sensed Christie try and link me.