Chapter 7- Hide and Seek

Kaylie's POV

I paced around the room as I bit one of my fingers nervously. Where could she be? These weren't times for games of Hide and Seek. We had a group of humans on the planet. We didn't know what guns they might be carrying. We didn't know if they had silvered bullets or bombs. Humans had technology on their side. We were still stronger than them, only silver could truly hurt us. I was whole-blooded. But we were still outnumbered. And I didn't want to kill that much of the human race.

I hesitated as I heard a cry for help. I froze as I recognized Christie's voice.

My head snapped in the direction of the window and I hurried to see what was happening. I took a hand to my mouth as I widened my eyes.

Naida...

She was being carried by Chase as Christie tried to wake her.

"Nay! Please! Answer me! Oh goddess!"

"CEDRIC!!" I called for him through the link.

I didn't even hesitate when my legs went on a sprint out of the room, down the hall and stairs, and out of the castle.

I reached to them and tried mindlinking my daughter as I touched her head with my hand. We kept on moving until we were on the castle's private living room. Chase settled her on a couch and went to the other one, moving Christie with him.

I gave him a thankful glance as he nodded in respect. Next, I turned my attention to my daughter.

She was unconscious, not even her wolf was answering. It was like she was forced to remain asleep. I sensed her wolf uneasy. I knew she wanted to wake up.

"Naida? Darling? Can you hear me?" I whispered quietly into her mind.

I waited as I held my breath, hoping she would twitch her hand, flutter her eyes.

Something.

I sighed as I put my hands together and hid my face behind them.

Just as I thought about calling the pack's best doctor, Cedric came rushing into the room, barely dodging the side of a table .

Lex and I felt instant relief at the sight of our mate. Our feelings had remained the same since the beginning. We loved him and his wolf unconditionally.

"Cedric!! Thank the Moon!!" I rushed to his side as I felt some tears stream down my face.

He held me tightly, studying my expression as his fingers drew soothing patterns on my back. His look then flickered to Naida, who was still passed out on the couch.

"What is going on?Is Naida alright?" he tried to remain calm for my sake, I just knew it. I'd loose myself to all my stress and anguish.

"I-I don't know... She.. her wolf.. they won't respond... She is too weak.. She has fever, she is pale, even paler than me!" I tried to hold back my sobs as he took me gently to the couch were our daughter was resting.

"Shhh... it's okay, Kay. Just do what you know will help." he whispered in my ear and I gasped at him.

It had been a long time since I had to use my powers for something like this. I had only arranged some minor problems in the pack. I had dominated and practiced with them..

But it was my daughter, our daughter's lifr being put in risk here...

Cedric nodded at my frown, so I took a deep breath as I felt control come back to me. I closed my eyes as I sensed my palm's mark tingle.

I knew it shined when I was focused, I have grown used to this.

I then opened my eyes, now shining for sure. I hadn't used my whole-blood true form ever since... King Darrian, and I really hoped it wasn't needed any time soon.

I kneeled next to the couch, fixating my eyes on her face, as my now shining hand went to cover her forehead.

My thoughts tried breaking through the thick barrier that her mind had formed as self-defense. I knit my eyebrows together as I closed my eyes in concentration.

"Come on, Lex, we can bring our daughter back."

I sensed Lex growl approvingly, we were warriors, we didn't give up.

"Honey, Naida. Fight, we'll help you. Just give me some kind of response." I soothingly said into her troubled mind.

Her wolf shook restlessly at the sound of my voice.

"That's it, Jaz. Come on, wake up. You just have to think about something important..." I hesitated, wondering what could be a proper trigger for her.

A brilliant idea crossed my mind. Every wolf grew strong and awake at the thought of this. It was a natural thing.

"Think about your future mate, willing to find you and love you..." her eyelids fluttered lightly, her hand twitching a bit as her pulse grew in rate.

My heart warmed at the sight and feeling of it. It always amused me how mates worked, how it was perfectly planned for them to meet at the right place and right time.

I heard her wolf growl and push Naida into consciousness. I tried to see what had triggered such strenght in her, just a pair of silver eyes.

I frowned, knowing there was a bigger meaning behind all of these. My wolf was curious about it aswell, she was surprisingly not alert or suspectful at all. Plain curious.

Thoughts usually captured my attention, especially in us wolfs. Having another soul into one body made life very interesting and full of new ideas and mysteries.

It wasn't easy to understand, but we had lived like this ever since we were created as a race.

Humans thought of us as monsters, as barbarians, as unholy, as bad news. We knew we were not, we had a soul, two in fact, we had our laws, we had our government, we treated each other as family, all of us. They didn't realize they fought against their own kind frequently for stupid causes such as money and power. We also had our problems, but we defended ideas more than anything, those who searched power or money didn't achieve their goals.

Just as I had deepened in my thoughts, Naida's eyes opened in one moment as she gasped for air, drops of sweat covering her forehead.

-------------------------------

Sweet angels! 1st Chapter of the Marathon!!

Sorry about the late update, I know I promised it for yesterday, but family issues:/

Hope you guys like this chapter!!

Vote and Comment if you liked!!

Tell me whatever you think!!!!!

Loving you lots!!

-Stardust xx.