Chapter 5- Hayden

Naida's POV

I was currently lying down on my back in the grass. Chase and Christie were making me company in the meantime.

My hands were resting on my stomach, my brain unable to erase that wolf from my mind.

Jaz was also pretty uneasy.

My dad had sent another team to observe and spy on the humans, which meant going to the borders of the woods.

"Just forget it, Nay, I'm sure that the wolf has left already." Christie kept reassuring me.

Another problem was, however, that they had recognized me somehow.
"Christie, have you forgotten already that they went after me? They said I was important! As far as I know, the humans don't know about my existence." I sighed, closing my eyes, letting my ears and nose do their job.

There was a faint chirping, the smell of the woods invading my nostrils.

My ears perked up at the sound of some howls in the distance. Everything was fine, there wasn't a trace of humans entering our territory.

I let myself relax.

"I'm going for a run.." I stated, glancing quickly at the disturbing scene of Chase trying to swallow Chrissy's face.
"My eyes!" What was it with couples and their PDA shows this days??

"You'll see, Nay, when you find your mate." Chrissy laughed at me.

I rolled my eyes. Of course I wanted my mate. I just hadnt found him yet.

"Yeah, yeah, anyways... yeah, I'm going for a run." I chuckled at them.

"Want us to come?" I could sense the worry in her voice.

Truth is, I just wanted some time alone to clear my ideas.

" Nah, I'll be okay. Keep doing what you were doing." I made kissy faces at
"Be careful!!" I heard as I went behind a tree to get naked.

I shifted immediately and put my clothes in my mouth.

I shook my fur, my wolf ecstatic at being free to run without a problem.

"I will." I linked Chrissy one last time before blocking everyone out and sped off to the deepest parts of the woods, where a small clearing was hiding.

The crunch of dry leaves and branches under my paws was the only thing heard besides the chirping of some birds nearby.

I watched silently as some wolfs ran past me some meters away.
"I'm having a run, my parents know. No need to bother them right now, they are kind of busy." I linked Greg.

"No problem, Princess." I stopped and looked directly at him.

"I have told you to call me Naida, please." I was serious, my mom didn't like titles for everyday use and neither did I.

"Yes, Naida." he bowed once and sped off to meet the others

I kept  running and soon caught another scent.

It was minty, mixed with orange. Rare, yet addictive, unique, and utterly delicious.
I stopped, hesitating as the scent got stronger.

I lost my balance for a second and almost fell when I heard a faint growl.

The wolf.

It was here.  

"Nay, I am really nervous, I think it is our mate but there is something wrong.." Jaz began telling me, when a branch cracked and made my head snap in the direction from which it came from.