Chapter 11- Oh dear...

Naida's POV

I started backing up from the monster, who apparently was too distracted with my mate's arrival. 

I gave small footsteps, trying not to make a sudden movement that would give me away, slowly making the space between us bigger. My breaths were silent and slow, trying to calm my heart's pace.

I could feel Hayden closing up behind me, his anxiety present in his thoughts. I knew he wouldn't relax until I was behind him. To be honest, I was also uneasy and wanted to get behind him as soon as possible.

But part of me also wanted to fight, yet, I knew that to fight I needed to shift, and that was a delicate subject for all of us. Rogues could walk by and see my golden fur. That would bring much more trouble than we already had in our hands.

I sighed in relief as I felt Hayden's silverlike fur brush my skin, his front paw pushing me behind him. I realized I had never taken in his true size, he was larger than the average wolf! Probably same size as my dad.... And that was saying something.

Then again I realized something.

Hayden's fur was silver.

Silver as in royal silver. I had realized he was silver, but the fact that silver colored fur belonged to the former Dark Moon royals hadn't crossed my mind.

Was it possible that Hayden was of royal blood also?

Shit.

Now we would definitely capture the attention of the whole world. Literally. Remember that Earth belongs to the wolves now? There you go. All the world's attention for us. 

Just great.

Thinking about it... how was it even possible that Hayden's father joined his mother if all humans were already out in space? The human war had taken place a long time ago...

I was snapped out of my thoughts as the monster lunged at Hayden's wolf, snarling viciously. Hayden went on a defensive stance and pushed me even more to keep me out of this.

I knew I had to shift, I had to shift.

But I also knew it was too risky.

"Mom!" I managed to link her before rolling over as the monster's figure was thrown in my direction.

I let out a yelp and crawled to hide my own figure.

"Naida!! Hold on dear! We are coming!" I knew she referred to her, my dad and Shawn, my uncle and Beta.

"Should we shift?" I asked my wolf, anxious for my mate's being.

I watched as the two giants battled, growls never stopping and their teeth showing off.

My wolf never answered, and all of a sudden the monster was sent flying away. Again.

My head jerked to see my mom's arms extended, her palms showing.

Wind.

I flashed her a weak smile just as my dad and Shawn made their appearance.

"What a way to make an entrance." I rolled my eyes as I talked to them. They could be so dramatic sometimes.

I just received a couple of grunts and I knew I had to back off.

They sprinted and went to jump at the monster's neck.

I gasped as I prayed that they didn't notice too soon that Hayden wasn't exactly from the pack.

Blame the mate bond for putting him as a priority first than finishing that thing off.