Chapter 25 ~ Time

Chapter 25 ~ Time

* Amelia's POV *

It took me a while to wake up. I didn't even know how I fell asleep, I was unbearably uncomfortable. It was dark and with my own enhanced vision I couldn't see a thing. I tried to remember the last thing that happened but all I could remember was a feeling of extreme poignancy and being hit on the head.

I used my hands to help identify where I was but it was my legs that helped me out. Once they had stretched out I realised I was contained in some sort of box. The panic set in, I tried to push at every angle and I was successfully making dents but it didn't get me anywhere. Someone hit box from the outside, the echoes made my head spin. "Stop moving!" An unfamiliar voice commanded. I winced when I didn't hear a heartbeat.

I got an eerie feeling, as if I was in complete solitude. It felt like I was I was the only person on earth but the scary part was that the feeling was familiar. I must have felt it a thousand times, it wasn't just loneliness it was a disconnection from everyone and everything. I could just be a speck floating into oblivion. The scene around me changed, I was in a woods but they weren't like the ones with Max.

I turned around to behind me and saw a daunting Tudor house. It towered over me and it could have been alive for all I knew. I must've spent a fair share of time there because I seemed to know the house more than I felt like I knew myself.

Suddenly my hand shot up to my neck, I felt like I had just been bitten. A burning sensation coursed through me with every bite. I tried to think for a moment and figure out what was going on. I heard screams next, but they weren't just anyone's screams, they were my own.  They were long, piercing screams simultaneously happening that could shatter any kind of glass. It could also be a kind of scream that broke hearts. I didn't have any recollection of any terror I've been through.

Everything then stopped. The forest and house blew away like fine mist and there wasn't a single sound apart from my raging breath. "When do you think she'll make the right decision?" The same unfamiliar voice questioned. She was smirking, it didn't take a genius to tell. I tried to use my power to take over her but I realised that I felt a pull. Narissa had switched the power she has stolen from me.

"She'll make her decision soon enough. It's a good thing Aro is a patient man." This time Narissa spoke and things started to make sense. They had kidnapped me and they had their own means of torture. Narissa must have swapped the power she had already stolen from me. I had a sudden idea and I realised that it was too soon to act upon it. I needed to use it when it was the right moment.

Suddenly I felt alone again but accompanied with that was fear. It was raw and it was ruthless. It filled up my heart and engulfed the rest of my body. "She has no choice but to be with us." The other voice replied. She had a knowingness in her tone and it made me certain that she was giving me the torture.

I knew what they were talking about and I knew exactly how to come about it. But the thing now was that I'm here so how will things escalate or have they already? I had no sense of time and definitely not location.  I waited to see if they had anything else to say.

I saw Max in front of me, he looked too real to be a hallucination or memory. His eyes were dangerous and his jaw was set. In his deathly voice he spoke. "I wish you were dead. Why can't it be you instead of them?" My heart sunk, I told myself that it was something being imposed on me but it was something that had already happened.

"She'll know the consequences of her actions if she doesn't make the right decision." I thought about the words of the unknown vampire. I covered my eyes with my hands and brought my knees to my chest and waited. I felt a uncertain darkness it my mind and it too was waiting.