Chapter 1 ~ Breakthrough

*drum roll*

The first chapter has arrived! It's been a while hasn't it? I'd think so... anyway enough chit chat... let's get started... :)

Oh yeah here's a little part from the last chapter of Starcrossed (for recap purposes)

*~* Max's POV *~*

There was silence once more, Amelia removed her hand off my face, letting in rest on my heart momentarily before dropping it. I looked at her blood stained face, the green of her irises slowly emerging.

"I'm sorry Max," she whispered, her voice discouraging and broken. "You'll be okay."

"I'd die if you weren't with me Amelia. I wouldn't be able to function properly without you, you're not just a limb or organ of mine, you are my life. You can't leave me."

"I don't want to leave you," she said. She winced again, her hand tightened on mine, her heart faltered slightly as she cried a mixture of blood and tears. "I love you Max. I'm sorry I've caused you so much pain."

"Amelia, you can't do this."

"Promise me you'll look after the children, tell them that I love them and I'm sorry. And give them this when they are 17, and I mean after 17 years," she said her alluring voice, which slowly grew confident as she spoke. She looked down to the little drawers beside the bed. I picked up two envelopes, one addressed to Elijah and the other Mackenzie. "You can't read them, unless they want you too."

"So what do I get then?" I asked. Amelia grimaced, I supposed she wanted to smile.

"Kiss me," she said. I leaned forward slowly without being told kiss, letting our lips linger a hairbreadth apart before I carefully kissed her. Her soft, slightly bloody lips still felt sensational to mine, if not it felt better than ever before.

I broke away, realizing that Amelia needed oxygen, but her eyes closed, her breathing stopped and her heart didn't beat.

I leant in again to kiss her, but there was no reaction so I kissed every inch of her face.

Still no reaction.

Something within me broke, I couldn't really say it was my heart because that was already broken. I ignored the thoughts that splintered my brain, banishing them so I could focus on one thing.

A teardrop fell from my eyes on to Amelia's cheek, I hoped that the tear would cure Amelia in some way but it reflected how broken I was, how I wasn't going to have a forever anymore.

But the fact is forever is happening right now, Amelia, you are my forever, I will love you til death does us part... As long as we both shall live.

*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 1 ~ Breakthrough

* Macy's POV *

I covered my eyes with my arm to block off the splintering daylight but then resorted into letting my face hide in my pillow so I was successful. My breaths were long and calm, a telltale sign that I was in a graceful slumber.

"Macy," a soft whisper called out. My eyebrows furrowed, can't they see that I'm sleeping? "Macy..." they pestered again. I shifted away to show I wasn't interested. "C'mon Macy this is real important."

I faced my brother, lifted my face up ever so slightly and squinted at him. "What do you want?" I questioned exasperated.

"Dad wants to give us something. Rather grudgingly but he told me to wake you up so we can receive it together," he informed me. I grumbled but lifted myself up.