Chapter 15 ~ Alliance

* Amelia's POV *

The air was still. I blinked and then I did again and again. They were here and now they were gone. How? My gut instinct told me to sprint after them but I didn't know which way they had gone. It was almost like my tracking sense was taken away from me.

Everyone seemed to look stupidly at the space in front of Max almost as if they were going to reappear.

"Mackenzie! Elijah!" Max yelled. I could nearly hear the agony in his voice. Nearly.

Like Max and I, everyone wanted to run but it was like everyone had frozen. "Why can we not smell their scent?" Emmett asked confused.

"The kids are un-trackable on their own. We need Narissa's or Aro's scent," Max replied quietly.

"They're... un-trackable...? Then how did I come here?" I asked. Max looked at me, his eyes were accusing. "I used my power."

"Then use it now then," He seethed.

"I  can't. It's like it's vanished," I told him bluntly. He looked like he wanted to punch through a tree and something told me that he would, but later, when I am not around.

"How pathetic," he grumbled bitterly. I glowered at me. I knew he didn't believe what I was saying, but what hurt was that he thought that I would lie to him.

"She's telling the truth Max," Edward intervened. There was silence. I took this time to really pay attention of the 7 new arrivals. I was guessing that they were my biological family and my friends. The women tipped up their lips. A shorter, more stylish one waved sheepishly. My eyebrows furrowed and I tried to remember who she was. But all I had was Max's memories and I hadn't searched through those yet. I thought for a moment and tried to recall why she was so important. She must be my best friend. I gave a little wave back. She beamed.

I glanced at the group as a whole and it irked me that everyone before me looked as old as I did.

"So why are they un-trackable?" I inquired. I looked at Rosalie to answer me this. I knew with Max I would get nowhere.

"They were born with no scent to follow when lost," she replied. gave her a grateful look. She smiled back. "I suppose it's an alternation to your tracking power, eh? You can track anyone but they are un-trackable." I appreciated this. I felt like I was talking to Rosalie as if I had never left. Even though I called her Rosalie, not Mother in law.

"Narissa has the power to steal powers," I randomly blurted out. I wasn't aware that I had spoke until I had finished speaking. Max groaned loudly. He took a step towards me and gave me a look that made me think that I had died and I was currently in hell.

"This, is all your fault!" he accused harshly. My eyebrows rose alarmingly. Was he really going there?

"Enlighten me," I spat. "Did they run away again? Is this why they were here?" I glared back at him challengingly.

"They left to find you," he said. I ignored the way his venomous words tried to pierce my cold heart. I didn't feel a thing.

"Well maybe, if you let me stay a little longer, that wouldn't have happened." My voice was edging into dark sarcasm. His irises grew darker and he became incredibly tense. I wanted to smirk. I wanted to smirk to show how even if he didn't love me I still had power over him. Even if it was just royally pissing him off.

But it made me feel sad.

"You know nothing," he stated.

"I didn't only gain Aro's powers when I shook his hand Max," I said. Max grimaced at first but I could tell he was confused. I could almost hear the cogs working in his head. His eyes widened and he looked extremely vulnerable.