﹙ 𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢 ﹚ boggarts suck

🖇·˚ ༘ ┊͙[ chapter eight ] ! ˊˎ

╰─▸ professor lupin, self-hatred and unwanted sympathy

     I COULD HEAR THE MURMURS SLOWLY fade from my earshot, as I fled to my next class. To my dismay, the classroom was already pretty full and it turned out that it wasn't as early as I had thought. I had never seen the DADA classroom look like this before. The tables and chairs were completely gone and there was a strange shaking wardrobe at the front of the room; beside it was Professor Lupin.

     "y/n!" I looked around and finally found Ava and Spencer calling me from a corner of the room.

     "What just happened?" Ava asked me.

     "What do you mean?" I asked.

     "In the courtyard. Apparently, you lashed out at Diggory." Spencer said.

     I rolled my eyes, "God, if that's what he's telling people, then that's pathetic," I said coldly.

     I wouldn't say it was that rude. Sure, I could have given him a chance to speak or clear the air, but I didn't want his pity. I didn't want charity or sympathy. All I wanted was for people to mind their own business, which apparently, at Hogwarts, is impossible.

     "Well, what did happen?" Ava asked.

     "Look, I don't want to talk about it." I put down my bag next to theirs and averted my attention to the wardrobe and professor. The two girls were staring at me and I could feel their eyes burning into the side of my head. I looked back at them and the eyes that were once daggers were now pleading back at me.

     "Guys it's nothing. I'm just sick of all this Sirius crap and unfortunately for him, Diggory just happened to be the first person I saw." I shrugged.

     "Alright everybody, could I have your attention?" Lupin announced from the front of the classroom. "Firstly, do we have everyone?" he studied the room, I imagine, to count the heads in front of him,

    I looked back at the entrance to the classroom, in perfect timing, to see Cedric and his friends enter the room. The two boys beside him, Anthony Rickett and Malcolm Preece glared straight at me, before turning their attention to the racket coming from inside the wardrobe.

     "Perfect. Right well does anyone know what I have here with me?" the Professor inquired. The room fell silent. The lull lingered for a moment, before I raised my hand, "yes, Miss y/l/n?"

     I nodded my head and he sent me a warming smile. My Uncle had told me a lot about his time at Hogwarts, and he described them as the times he was the happiest. I assumed because of the man currently teaching me. Remus Lupin. Sirius spoke so admirably of him; almost like family.

     "Is it a boggart sir?"

     He nodded, "that is correct. Very good." he sent me another soft smile, before turning back to the rest of the class, when Spencer nudged my side and looked at me as if to ask how did you know that?

     I shrugged, "What? I read a lot over summer." I defended.

      I had always enjoyed the academic part of the school and was a straight O student. I had always taken pride in school, as well as Quidditch of course. Defence against the Dark Arts happened to be one of my favourite subjects and Lupin seemed nice already.