Chapter 13: Last Time

Kelly's POV
My dad left a really hard decision up to me. It made sense that he didn't want me around Tina because she was clearly homophobic and had a bad reaction to finding out about Beyoncé.

I mean what will happen when she finds out about me? She wouldn't want me anywhere near Beyoncé. I know my aunt Sidra and Jada would have no problem accepting me because they were lesbians themselves.

But then there's Beyoncé.. the girl I fell in love with in such a short time. Leaving her would feel like losing someone else all over again. That's a heartbreak I don't think I'm ready to deal with. I don't know why dad left me with this decision, it's too hard. I can't choose.

Going to the winter formal feels like such a waste of time now that I have so much on my mind. I was thinking the whole ride there and my dad could tell it was heavy on my mind. He stepped out of the car and opened my door for me.

"Have fun babygirl" he pulled me in his arms and gave me a firm hug. I exhaled and nodded. "Bye daddy, I love you"

"I love you more. I'll see you later" he got back in the car and I watched as they drove off.

"Can I talk to you?" Beyoncé asked grabbing my hand. I nodded, keeping my eyes on the car that soon drove out of my vision.

Beyoncé's POV
We took a seat on the steps right outside the school. I felt bad about how entitled I was earlier today. She can be with whoever the hell she wants to be with. I just have to own up to the fact that I messed up.

"Look I'm so sorry for how I treated you and I'm sorry about the way I acted earlier, I shouldn't have assumed everything was good. But I meant it when I said you deserve better"

She kept her eyes on me but I couldn't tell what she was thinking. "Well.." She trailed off as her eyes left mine and wondered to the floor. "Become better.. because I only want you"

I furrowed my eyebrows. Did I hear her right? Or am I just hearing what I wanna hear right now. "D-did you say you want me?" I asked pointing at my chest. She rolled her eyes before smiling.

"I want to be with you, Beyoncé" she reached for my hand. My lips formed a smiled at her touch.

"But what about Nelly?" I asked, even though I really didn't care. I didn't even like the guy and that was no surprise.

She shrugged. "He's just not you" she scooted closer to me and linked our arms together. "You're my someone special" she snickered kissing my shoulder. I couldn't hide the smile that came across my face, and I didn't want to either. I leaned in and kissed her lips.

"Hey Beyoncé!" Alicia shouted from the sidewalk. I broke the kiss to look at her.

"Oh hey Alicia. This is Kelly" I said pointing my eyes towards Kelly so that she wouldn't say anything out of the blue.

"Ohh" She dragged, noticing my signal. "B talks about you all the time Kelly, it's nice to meet you" she extended her hand, Kelly shook it gently.

"Did you bring a date?" I asked.

She sighed. "Nah, I never saw her. But I'm hoping she's inside" she crossed her fingers, "Wish me luck?"

Kelly's eyes widen when she heard Alicia openly talk about asking out another girl.

"You got this" I smiled, she nodded and walked passed us and into the building.

Kelly's POV
"You wanna go inside?" I asked the girl who was comfortably snuggled up in my arms. She was about to answer when someone walked up to us.