Chapter 2: Promise

Kelly's POV
It was my first day at my new high school. I never liked first days. Especially when it was in the middle of the school year. Having to make friends is always the worst. I gave up on that years ago. I was fine with my only friends being my Ma and Pops. But it's harder now since neither of them were around.

I gripped my books around my chest and walked the halls. This school is bigger than the one I attended in Georgia. It was like a maze, and I'm afraid I was lost. The hallways were crowded and gave me anxiety. I hated being around a lot of people.

"Check out the new girl" some guy said to a group of other guys. I put my head down and kept walking to- well, wherever.

A tall guy stood in front of me, blocking me from walking any further. "Hey"

"Hi" I replied lowly.

"Cornell" he smiled, showing all his pretty white teeth. "But you can call me Nelly" he reached out his hand. I looked at his hand then back at him. He waited for me to shake it. I freed one of my hands so I could shake his.

"I'm Kelly"

"Nelly and Kelly. Looks like we were meant to be" he smiled cheekily, I didn't think it could get any wider.

A small smile escaped my lips at his corny statement and he looked happy to see it.

"Oh where are my manners!" He took all the books I was carrying from my hands to his. "So Ms. Kelly, where to?"

"I- I actually don't know" I admitted to the muscular boy.

"Schedule?" He asked. I handed him the piece of paper the counselor printed out for me.

"Ahh, Mrs. Jackson. I'll lead the way" he winked before smirking, making me smile again. I could tell he was a pretty boy but being around him made me feel, less in my head.

Lunchtime.

I wasn't sure where to sit. For a moment I looked around to see if I could spot Beyoncé anywhere. With no luck in finding her, I just assumed she had 2nd lunch.

I was eating my lunch in peace when a few girls walked up to me. The girl in the middle looked down at me and scoffed.

"I know your new here, so let me make something straight. I already got my eyes set on Nelly, so you better stay away from him if you know what's good for you" she warned with an intensely raised eyebrow.

I blinked. Is she mad because.. some guy walked me to class? I guess she didn't like that I wasn't responding so she grabbed my tray and threw it to the ground behind me.

"Oops" she and the other stooges laughed, and walked away.

These girls are no threat to me. My daddy is in the army, best believe I know how to defend myself. It's gonna take a little more than pushing a tray to get me out of character.

I looked straight and met eyes with Beyoncé, she was staring at me from the other side of the cafe. She quickly looked away, seeing that I saw her. I sighed and started picking up the food that was dropped.

Some girl walked over and started helping me. "That's just Letoya and her posse" the girl spoke with an accent I couldn't put a finger on. "She can't fight" she whispered, jokingly. I laughed at her and thanked her for helping me.

"You should come sit with me next time. No one messes with me" she insisted, before hearing the bell ring. She did a light jog out the cafe. "Can't be late" she shrugged jogging away backwards. I smiled to myself. I guess it's not so bad here.

Beyoncé wasn't on the bus back home. I wasn't sure if she even took the bus, since Tina was the one who dropped us off today. I'm sure she only did that so I could feel comfortable.

I remembered that Beyoncé told me that I could use her room to change so I might as well do it now since she's not here. I opened Beyoncé's door to see the girl that helped me earlier hovering over her body. Beyoncé pushed the girl off of her when she heard the door creek. My eyes widen and quickly shut the door. I don't think I was supposed to see that.

Beyoncé's POV
I mentally screamed as she left the room. She's already invading my private moments. This is a nightmare. This is the real reason I didn't want to share my room with her. No one is supposed to know about me and Robyn, and now she had something on me.

"I told you to use the lock" Robyn whispered.

I rolled my eyes, "If I use the lock then they'll know something is up"

"Well that's because there is" she smirked kissing my neck.

"Robyn stop it" I pushed her off making her frown. "Don't you learn?" I said staring at the door, my guard was completely up now. I didn't want anyone else walking in on us. "You should go" I folded my arms being completely out the mood to spend time with my own girlfriend.

She smacked her lips and climbed out the window she came in at. I groaned loudly and angrily threw my pillow across the room. Now I have to go and talk to Kelly about what she just saw.

I walked to the living room where she was sitting watching a game show. I sat down next to her and we sat there for a while in silence.

"About what you saw.." I dragged breaking the silence.

"I didn't see anything" she shrugged.

"I can explain"

"I didn't see anything" she looked at me.

"Kell-"

She raised her eyebrow, giving me the idea to shutup. We went back to watching the show in silence. I don't know why she won't just let me explain.

"You won't tell?" I nervously asked looking down.

"Nothing to tell" she simply said looking at me, then back at the tv.

I held up my pinky, still not feeling confident in the secret we now shared. "Swear" she looked down at my pinky before smiling. She reached her right pinky over and locked it with mine. "I swear" she said sealing the promise.

I hope I could trust Kelly with this. It was a big secret to keep and I was praying that it wouldn't get anywhere near my mama. Who knows how she'll react if she found out.

A/N
It's starting off a little slow but I'm excited for the next chapter 😊
Random question, how old are you guys? I'm tryna prove a point.