Chapter 3: Hold Me

Beyoncé's POV
Solange was in my room playing in my makeup kit. Yes, I was nice enough to let her play with my stuff. I hardly even wear any of it anyway. My mama got it for me for my 16th birthday and I only used it once.

"How come you don't have a boyfriend? All my friends big sister do" Solange blurted out. See this is why I enjoy my space so much. She's so nosy.

"I'm not your friends big sister, now am I?" I sarcastically asked.

"You never even talk about boys" she rolled her eyes, catching an attitude.

"Why don't you mind your business!" I yelled, now becoming frustrated at her pressing me about boys all of a sudden.

She rolled her eyes, "Your weird" she left before I could tell her to get out myself. She can judge me all she wants, her opinion doesn't matter.

Why does she even care? The only things 12 year olds should be worried about is whether or not the tooth fairy is coming.

"What did I tell you about yelling at your sister?" Mama said sternly standing at the doorway, I inwardly rolled my eyes. Solange is such a snitch. Here she go picking sides again. She would never yell at her previous baby.

"She needs to stay out of my business" I said under my breath but loud enough for her to hear, causing her to raise her eyebrow.

"Oh is that right? And what business do you got Beyoncé?" She folded her arms and leaned on the doorway.

I looked up at her wishing I would've kept my mouth shut. "Nothing"

We played a staring contest, trying to see who'd break first. I won. She left my room without another word.

I sighed to myself. Maybe Solange was right. Maybe I am weird. Why don't I like boys like the rest of the girls at school? Plenty of guys try to talk to me but I'm never interested. I wish there was someone that understood me.

Later that night I was seconds away from falling into a deep sleep when I was awaken by a soft voice.

"Beyoncé" I felt chills run down my spine hearing my name come out her mouth. I turned over to see Kelly standing in the doorway, daring to enter. "Can I sleep with you tonight? It's too hot in the attic"

"Sure" was all that my raspy voice could let out.

"Thank you" she shut the door and climbed in bed next to me.

Kelly's POV
The truth was, ever since I started sleeping in the attic I've been having nightmares about the car accident with my mama. I keep seeing her face and hearing her voice. Telling me everything's gonna be okay. Maybe sleeping with the company of someone else will make the nightmares stop.

Beyoncé's POV
I felt Kelly shift back and forth through the night. If she was gonna keep doing that, I wasn't gonna be able to get any type of sleep. I looked over and she looked like maybe she was having a bad dream. When I had bad dreams when I was little, my mama would hold me until I fell asleep. I tried that same remedy with Kelly. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close to me.

"It's okay" I whispered in her ear before laying my head in the crevice of her neck.

Kelly's POV
I woke up, feeling someone on me. I turned my head to see Beyoncé holding me. I melted on the inside of how sweet she was. I moved slowly away from her grip and watched how peacefully she slept. Her eyes fluttered open and met mine. I forgot to look away.

"Why are you staring at me?" She asked rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"Did you mean to hold me last night?" I sat up, pulling my knees into my chest. I laid my head on my knees and faced her, waiting for her to answer.

"I- What?" She scoffed in a laugh. "I wasn't holding you"

I nodded, "You were"

She didn't respond, she just looked at me lost for words. "I thought it was nice" I added.

She looked like she was fighting to keep her smile in. I thought that was cute.

"Do you hold your girlfriend like that too?" I asked.

"Kelly" she rolled her eyes at the mention of the word girlfriend.

I shrugged. "She might like it" I know I did.

"Well maybe if you weren't tossing and turning all night I wouldn't have to hold you to keep you still"

I looked down, now thinking of my mother. I got off of the bed and left her room, wanting to be alone.

I stood in the shower and just let the water fall on me. I closed my eyes and tried to relax myself, when I started seeing flashbacks of that night. It was raining, hard. All I could hear is the rapid windshield wipers and a car swerving out of control.

"Don't be scared. It's gonna be alright" my mama reassured me, then all I saw was lights.

I gasped, forcing my eyes open. I lost my balance and fell in the tub. I held my knee and cried. This was the first time I cried since everything happened. The sounds of my sobs drowned out the sound of the door opening. She placed her hand on my shoulder, making her presence known. I looked up at her and she turned off the water.

"You okay?" Beyoncé asked probably already knowing the answer to the question.

I shook my head no and continued crying.

"Kelly don't cry" she grabbed a towel and climbed in the tub next to me. She wrapped the towel around my naked body and hugged me.

She kissed my forehead a few times. My crying slowed down, yearning for more of her touch. She kissed both of my cheeks and then my nose. I was completely calm by now. Her lips were as soft as rose pedals. I didn't want her to stop.

I looked in her pretty brown eyes then at her fully plump lips. She started to lean in, so did I.

"Everything alright in there?" Tina knocked on the door, causing the both of us to snap back to reality.

Beyoncé jumped up and out of the tub. She helped me up and the towel she wrapped around me accidentally dropped she quickly turned her head, allowing me to wrap it around my body. I bit my lip, feeling my face heat up in embarrassment.

"Yes, everything's fine" I responded with my eyes still on Beyoncé.

"I- uh, gotta get ready" she told me and I nodded.

Before she stepped out the bathroom she scratched her head and looked back at me. "There's a game tonight at the school. If you wanted to come, I'll be there"

I assumed she wanted me to come, or else she wouldn't be inviting me. I guess I wouldn't mind spending some more time with Beyoncé.