Keeping up the pretence

AN: TOTALLY UNEDITTED SO EXCUSE THE MISTAKES.

Merlin felt the ground vanish from underneath him. There was a blinding white light and the feeling of being massless enveloped him. He felt cramps in every muscle of his body. Is this how dying feels like, Merlin thought. Then all of a sudden, he hit hard floor and the impact was so sudden that Merlin became unbalanced and landed straight on the floor. His head was kissing the ground which he turned to find Morgana smirking at him.

"Once clumsy, always clumsy?"

"Shut up. I was just unprepared," Merlin said getting up.

"Um-hmm." Morgana said looking around at the surrounding. There was a steep, rugged mountain in front of her. She had never been to Avalon and frowned. Had she somehow come to the wrong place? But she was sure, she had thought of Avalon. Suddenly, she heard Merlin speak which woke her from her musings.

"Are you just going to stand there like a statue for the whole day? Please start moving, already." Merlin said, taking the lead.

So...she was in the right place. Merlin of course knew Avalon, unlike her.

She followed him, watching his back as he made his way to the mountain. Merlin really had grown some muscles; his shoulder also seemed broader. He was a full grown, able man now. He was no longer bad with a sword too, Morgana recalled.

Merlin unexpectedly stopped and Morgana clashed into him. Merlin staggered but somehow managed to not fall.

"Why did you stop?" Morgana hissed.

"Because we have to descend down these stairs,and as you can see it's pitch black, so I will need to light up a torch."

Morgana moved him aside to have a look herself. Sure enough, they were in front of an opening of a cave which had steps leading downwards. Morgana, turned back to find Merlin rubbing two sticks together to light them up. Morgana eye rolled and made her way towards him.

"Hand me the stick." Morgana commanded.

Merlin did as was told and with small smile watched Morgana light it up. He was reminded of the time when Morgana had approached him for help telling him how flames started when she looked at the candles.

"Here. Lead the way." Morgana said, handing him the torch.

Merlin took and and was about to move when Morgana stopped him to fix his cravat.

"Take care of this." She warned him as Merlin started to make his way down the steps.

They walked for around 10 minutes before Merlin halted once again, making Morgana collide with him once again but this time Merlin failed to maintain his balance and fell, making a cushion for Morgana as she landed on top of him.

"Ow!" Merlin complained.

"You need to stop doing that! Give me a warning before you abruptly decide to stop." Morgana said angrily, pushing his chest down by using it for support. Unfortunately, for the couple who hated each other ,Merlin tried to get up at the same time as Morgana which resulted Morgana to fall flat on him once again.

"Ouch." Morgana complained this time and looked up into his eyes, glaring at him. She was about to say something hateful while getting up when they heard a female voice which made them spring apart after bumping their heads due to the haste.

"So you have sorted out your differences rather well no, Merlin?" The healer said smiling.

Before Merlin even work out what the woman was implying, he heard Morgana giggle a high-pitched, very un-Morgana like giggle when made him raise his eyebrows.