Playing with fire

Morgana looked at Merlin, and the poor thing looked like he had seen a ghost. She smirked but after a few moments composed herself, turned her head towards the person who had asked the question and said," Our relationship is complicated Arthur."

"Complicated? How did it even become a "relationship"? Wait...did you enchant Merlin? Altered his memory of something? " Arthur screamed, worry for his friend now visible in his voice.

"Merlin, tell me what Morgana's motives were that drove us away?"

"She wanted to overthrow you."

"Who aided her?"

"Your uncle and Margause were her strongest allies."

"What did..."

"King Pratdragon, Morgana has not enchanted me!"

The main topic forgotten, Morgana giggled and Arthur roared,"What did you call me?"

"You heard me. I thought you were in need of a new name. Dollophead, cabbage faced and.."

Merlin failed to finish giving Arthur his 'titles' but Arthur threw the soup bowl which Merlin dodged by bending his head.

"Missed me!"

Arthur moved his hands to find something else to throw at Merlin but Morgana quickly spoke up,

"Stop it, you both!"

Hearing Morgana's voice seemed to have done the trick. Arthur immediately composed himself.

"Merlin...why do you think I should even trust YOU? You had magic all these years yet you never told me about it. I trusted you with all my secrets and you...you looked straight into my eyes and lied all those years! WHY?" Arthur was breathing heavily .

"Arthur..."

"And then you come here, hand in hand with Camelot's biggest enemy and expect me to forgive you? How could you even think that?" Arthur bellowed, sitting up.

"Ar..."

"I should charge you up for treason. Both of you. I just..."

"Arthur, you really are the biggest idiot that's ever walked in this world! Charge Merlin for treason? Do you even know who is? Emrys! He is the greatest sorcerer and could've destroyed your kingdom with only a flick of his hand. He could have had all the luxuries of life if he wanted. But what did he do? He stayed with you. Became your servant, your punching bag, your friend, your helper and whatever you needed him to become. You are so shallow. You are angry at Merlin concealing his magic from you so that he could protect you? I really am impressed how that thick brain of yours functions! Or no, my bad; your brain doesn't function at all!" Morgana said getting up from Arthur's bed and glaring at him.

"What? I never treated him like a punching bag. And I know you are right but, friends tell each other things. They don't keep secrets! Merlin...Merlin betrayed my trust."

"Arthur, I tried to tell you many times but one thing or the other seemed to happen that stopped me from so. I was just looking for the right time. I wanted you to accept magic not hate it. There's a reason I agreed to become your servant, Arthur and didn't run off despite what a prat and royal pain in the backside you were and still are a bit, I mean you are annoying and illman..."

"Merlin!" Morgana whispered sharply.

"Oh yeah .What I meant was; Arthur, after I found out that you were a good man or actually not as bad as I thought you were, I knew there was hope for us. For the magic users. The great dragon had told me that it's my destiny to protect you and form the great kingdom of albion by your side but how could I tell you about my magic without losing your trust? I really wanted to. You don't know how alone I was, how hard it was to keep this secret from you, from Gwen, from...from everyone. You had only seen the destruction caused by its usage so how could I have told you about the countless times it had saved your life. You would've never believed me." Merlin hanged his head down and started to stare at his shoes.