The collision of destinies

PREVIOUSLY:"Arthur needs your blood...willingly." Merlin said in a voice barely audible.

Morgana got up quickly on her feet and started pacing around. Thinking.

"Morgana...you promised. " Merlin said weakly.

Morgana remained silent standing at the little window of her hovel now.

"Yes, I did. And I plan to keep it. Though I need something from you in return Emrys. "

"What?" Merlin croaked. What could she want from me? Some powerful crystal? Some spell? The sword forged from dragon's breath...forgiveness? Acceptance.

Morgana gave him quite sometime to think over the possibilities, enjoying the impatience visible on his face.

"I need you to marry me, Emrys."

Merlin stared at her like she was an alien before bursting into a laugh.

He said between gasps, " You almost got...me..hahaha...there! Did you..really..."

"I am serious, Emrys." Morgana said in an amused tone; watching his reaction.

That shut Merlin up and his eyes widened. His throat went dry. He managed to say, " What? Are you mad? People marry out of love not hate." Merlin squealed the last part.

"Not the royal blood. And even if banished - I AM royal blood."

"Arthur married for love." Merlin argued.

"Arthur was a fool! "

"Was not".

"Was"

"Was not."

Morgana smirked. "You are forgetting the real matter here, love." Morgana said in a patronising tone.

"Marry you? Well, the answer in obviously no and don't call me ' love' again."

"Why,you prefer sweetheart?" Morgana was thoroughly enjoying herself.

Merlin thought better to ignore her teasing and curtly said,"You were insane to think that I'd even think of accepting your proposal. Out of sheer curiosity; where did you even get the absurd idea?"

"I need an ally, Emrys. Who better than you? And why do I want to marry you? You see, you can't wriggle away from me if we marry."

"Oh really? You are forgetting Morgana - the king can renounce the marriage anytime and the king happens to be my best friend." Merlin smiled. He had won the round.

"That's where you are wrong, my dear Emrys. " Morgana mocked sitting on the arm of merlin's chair and putting an arm on the rim of the seat, around Merlin's shoulders.

After a pause, looking directly into Merlin's eyes by tilting her head to her left she spoke. "We will marry following the rituals of the old religion. I, after all, am the last high priestess of old religion. Plus you know what the marriage would mean then." Morgana smirked.

"No! You can't be serious. I'm not taking a blood vow to protect you!"

"That and never leaving me, being there for me in sickness and health. And..."

"Shut up! I know what the vows are!" Merlin was fuming.

Suddenly he realised something that made his lips twitch," The vows go both way, Morgana. You would also have to pledge them. There would be no way to annul the marriage. Ever. And you will not be able to kill me then, with all those binding vows. Don't you hate me? "