Chapter 4: Part 1 Pillow Talk

Details: BWBW, Princess, LGBTQIA+, Music

POV: Odessia Gardenia

It was the seventh period when I got up from my seat to write an answer on the board. I went to a private high school called Dibbler Academy. I was one of the only African American women in the school. It also didn't help that not only was I black, but I also was a lesbian and loved dressing in alternative fashion. I lived with this rich couple who adopted me when I was just a child. I was very grateful to them. They didn't completely support me when I came out of the closet, but they eventually learned how to love me for who I loved. They were great parents overall even though they were always busy with work they would always set aside time to take care of me. I couldn't think of anyone else I'd rather call mom and dad than them.

As soon as I got up I felt a brisk breeze and someone's hands wrap around my waist. I turned back to see my crush looking at me. Her name was Jamilah, but she insisted everyone who wasn't close with her call her JJ. We were friends since we were just little girls and have been inseparable since. Not only did we have the same style she liked women too. It was crazy though because she would often get bullied because she was a masculine lesbian, but I never got bullied. I think it's unfair I am fetishized by straight men, but masculine lesbians are bullied on. It was only my luck that we had every single class together and lunch. In the beginning, I was never bold enough to talk to her, but as time went on I get more comfortable with her than even my parents.

We were best of friends, but I secretly had this huge crush on her. I would adore her tattoos, painted nails, and shiny chains. I didn't want to ruin the friendship by confessing to her and mess up what we had. I couldn't see myself without her in my life. She made it worthwhile and always knew how to cheer me up when I was down. She is my ride or dies. She didn't talk much about her life but was always interested in mine. She was always the protective type and always took care of me.

I was flustered and embarrassed. Why did she suddenly wrap her jacket around my waist? She was talking with her eyes and bulged them at my seat. I looked down at my seat, and it was stained with blood. My eyes widened as I tightened her jacket around my waist.

"Is there something wrong, Ms.Gardenia?"

"N-no... no! Absolutely not like no."

"Ok... then come and write the answer on the board." I could hear distinct voices whispering. I thought I could try and hide it until a boy in front of me yelled.

"SHE BLEEDING THROUGH HER PUSSY!"

"MR.DRAKE THAT WAS COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE!" The teacher yelled.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU IMMATURE IMP," JJ yelled. Everyone's attention turned back towards me and the bloody chair. One girl in the front even tried to take a picture of the seat, but Jamilah immediately covered the seat.

"LOOK WHO'S TALKING HE-SHE! LIKE ARE YOU A MAN OR A WOMAN?! AM I RIGHT?"

"YOU'RE JUST MAD THAT I CAN TAKE YO BITCH."

"JAMILAH, STOP!"

"YOU DON'T KNOW ME. PLEASE DON'T CALL ME BY MY GOVERNMENT NAME, THANK YOU."

"WHAT JAMILAHHH! STOP TRYING TO ACT LIKE A MAN AND ACT YOUR GENDER." Zach shouted.

"OH YEA BITCH! ACT MY GENDER?! HOW DOES SOMEONE ACT A FUCKING GENDER?!" Jamilah put her hands up signaling she was done and ready to beat someone up.

"JJ AND ZACH TO THE OFFICE NOW!" It was so embarrassing that I managed to get Jamilah in trouble because she was trying to protect me. Even when the teacher told her to go to the office instead of taking the blame I let her walk out. I wanted nothing more than to disappear into a black hole. I felt more blood flowing down into my underwear. I stood there in my pool of blood. Frozen in place unable to move from where I was standing.