you have the most beautiful eyes

Percy's pov

Annabeth was such a cool person. But why did she think she was boring? I had mastered the art of convincing her to join the party. And let me just tell you, she is an amazing dancer. No matter how much she denied it, she was such an awesome person.
We both occasionally shared a glance at each other. I smiled at how beautiful she was. She wasn't fake like Natellie or a tomboy-ish of a person like piper. Her personality was unique, and thats what made me think she was attractive.

After a couple of minutes, piper was nowhere to be found. And I noticed Annabeth taking a seat next to me.  'Hi again ' Annabeth waved at me. I smiled. 'You were the one who convinced me to come to this party telling me how fun it would be and now you are the one having the least fun. Ironic' she spoke. I shrugged my shoulders. 'Well now you get to say "I told you so" ' she raised her eyebrow. 'Well unlike you jackson, im having a lot of fun!' She exclaimed. 'Don't try to have too much fun Annabeth!' I exclaimed  She slapped my shoulders but we started laughing.

'I still can't believe that we were batchmates' I started speaking. 'Why? Are you embarrassed to be friends with the nerdy loner of your old school?' She asked me slightly offended. No Annabeth thats not what I meant. 'What! No! I didn't- look, I just mean that-' before I could finish my sentence, she started laughing. 'Oh my gods chill! Im just joking' she remarked.

I frowned at her as she continued laughing. 'BTW, were you always a great dancer or..' I trailed of. She shrugged. 'I did learn how to waltz when I was younger' she told me. 'Thats so cool! The only type of dance I know is our own personal victory dance me leo and grover created when we were in middle school.' I told her. 'Lucky!' She exclaimed. I smiled. 'You've changed a lot Annabeth.' I remarked. '

'Did you even know how I was?' She asked me. 'Of course! You were valedictorian and you were the smartest of our batch. I always admired your grey eyes' I answered.  'Really? I was always insecure about them. I thought they made me look ugly' she spoke . I was shocked. How could she say that? 'you know, thats like saying you don't like Beyonce. You have the most beautiful eyes.' I told her. She blushed. 'Thanks percy.' She spoke. 'And yes, you might think of me as some kind of a player, but trust me, Natellie and I have nothing going on between us' I told her.

She faked being sad and spoke, ' Aw, too bad I was already planning the wedding! My ship has sunk' 'oh shut up chase!' I exclaimed. But we both started laughing. We sat in comfortable silence for a while until I broke the silence. 'You know what Annabeth? Teach me how to dance. I wanna learn how to waltz.'

'Right here?' She asked me raising her eyebrow. 'No obviously not! I'll take you somewhere else' I assured her. She didn't seem to trust me but I grabbed her hand and took her behind the party tent. She was looking around the place. 'Wow such a peaceful place'  she told me. And romantic. She grabbed my phone and started to search for a suitable song.

She started playing "once a upon a dream" from sleeping beauty. 'Why such an old song?' I asked her. 'I think its perfect. I mean Arora is blonde...so am I.'  'And am I your price Phillip?' I asked her smirking. She rolled her eyes and continued giving me instructions.

I placed one of my hand on her waist and she placed one of her hand on my shoulder. I held her other hand and so did she. And like that, we started dancing.

Annabeth's POV

My heart was pouncing so fast as I looked at Percy's face. It was so clichéd but it also very romantic. We kept dancing and dancing and I just wanted to stay in his arms for the rest of the night.

"-you'll love me at once, the way you did once, upon a dream" the line was heard. Yup im falling for him one part of my mind told me.
No! im not in love with him! The other part of my mind told me. Ugh im so confused about my feelings for him!

"Seize the moment" Percy's words rang in my head and thats what I decided to do.