Chapter 18 : Too Good To Be True

It felt too good to be true. Waking up next to Casey. A part of me was expecting her to be gone the next morning , after suddenly changing her mind and realising this was all a stupid mistake that she'd made. But here she was , lying in my very arms.

I sighed as I checked the time , noting that we'd have to be up for school in a few minutes.

"Case." I nudged her softly.

"Mmmm." She groaned , snuggling further into my chest. I chuckled slightly and nudged her again , before tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear.

"Case , we need to get up."

"I don't want to get up." She whined , her eyes remaining closed.

"You have to , we have school today."

"I'm too tired to go today." She mumbled.

"Like you were yesterday?" I grinned , playing with her hair.

"Can't we just skip? Just for today. Please?" She opened her bloodshot eyes , as she looked up at me. She looked buggered. And just because of that , I agreed to letting her stay in bed.

I got up to make breakfast , and hopefully it wouldn't be a total disaster. I was originally trying to make the eggs sunny-side up , but that failed miserably and I had to be content with scrambled eggs.

By the time I came back up the stairs with the tray of food , Casey was already fast asleep again. Casey was usually a morning person , and she didn't mind being up early. But , apparently not anymore.

"Babe." I said softly , placing the food down on the nightstand next to her and sitting on my dressing table chair.

She rolled over reluctantly , but smiled when she saw the food.

"You made me breakfast?" She asked with a broad smile.

"Of course I did." I said softly , leaning in to give her a quick peck on the lips.

I watched as she greedily wolfed down the food , barely taking any time in between bites.

"Jesus , that hungry huh?"

"Starved." She answered through a mouth full of food , making me laugh quietly to myself.

"What do you want to do today?"

She looked up from her plate and shrugged.

"Anything , to be honest. As long as I'm spending time with you. We haven't had a day together in a long time - you know , just me and you?"

I smirked. "Yeah. It has been forever. So , what about we go to the movies or something? It's been a while since I've last been. And I really wanna see that John Wick movie."

"I was thinking more along the lines of just me and you. Like , alone. Here."

"Since when do you ever say no to the movies?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"I do want to , trust me. I'm just so tired. I was rather thinking having a lazy day. We could still watch movies here." She suggested , pouting at me. "Besides , in the movies I couldn't do this." She paused before , giving me a brief kiss on the lips.

I smiled once she pulled away , resisting the urge to faceplam at how silly she made me feel. I was never one for romance , but it seems that Casey was my exception.

"You actually could."

"Yeah , and run the risk of getting banned like last time. Remember? You and Damien?"

"Good old straight days. Yeah , well , that was because he wanted to eat me out in front of a really old couple."

"Doesn't matter." She chuckled. "You still got caught."