Chapter 15 : Date Game On Point

"How do you think this will look?" Jen asked as she eyed the dress she was wearing in the mirror. This had to be about her twentieth dress she'd tried on - and fuck sakes I'd lost interest after the second.

"Kim?"

"Mmm?" I groaned , looking up from my phone.

"How does this one look? Yes or No?"

I shrugged. Honestly , they all looked the same. I wasn't good at this kind of thing. Dresses didn't appeal to me , they didn't exactly strike an interest.

"Cool."

"Just cool? Ugh. Not good enough."

"No! Seriously , Jen we've been here for hours!" I whined. That was no understatement though. We'd been at this boutique for an elapsed time of 4 hours and 3 minutes. I'm not even kidding. It took forever for her to actually pick out a dress , and an eternity to try it on. Even when i tried giving her positive feedback , she still ended up doubting it and looking for something else - so I honestly don't know why she bothered asking in the first place.

That of course , didn't stop Jen from picking out yet another frilly monstrosity , which I guess would look nice to some but not myself , and tried it on with expecting eyes.

"It's so cute!" The saleslady commented after Jen had come out of the changing booth.

"Really?" Jen asked excitedly , turning to look at herself in the mirror and strike a few poses.

"Yes! Completely you! And I'll even throw in a discount."

A part of me knew that she was being genuine in a sense - because Jen had actually looked nice in the dress. But I saw straight through her act. She just wanted Jen out the shop - but who could blame her? Jen was in fact costing them business by occupying a booth for 4 hours - now going on to five. That could have easily grown to six , or more. Who was I to say how long Jen might just take.

Thank God for the discount offer though , otherwise I'm sure I'd be sitting there for another two hours.

After Jen had paid for her dress and had it loaded into the back seat of my car , we decided to go for lunch. Let's just hope she wasn't as indecisive about which fucking restaurant she wanted to go to as she was about her dress choice.

Thank God she wasn't , and we both settled on a small burger shop just outside of town , since we were in a rather larney area and all the other restaurants were way too fancy for our liking.

"So why all the effort for one dress?" I asked after taking a bite out of my bagel.

"Just cos." She answered coyly , giving me a rather exaggerated smirk.

"Okay?"

"Yep." She smiled , wiggling her eyebrows as she waited for further questioning , but she got none.

"Well , since you're just dying to know... I have a date tonight."

"You have a date every other night , Jen. Why is this so special in particular that you had to make me waste five fucking hours of my day just to pick out a dress."

"Actually , it was four and a half."

"Yeah , that just makes it so much better." I muttered sarcastically , the false excitement somewhat a little too dramatic than what I was used to.

"Anyway , you see - what makes tonight special is the fact that tonight might just be it."

"As in , you're going to be sexing things up?"