Chapter 19 : The Silence Gave Me A Headache

After Casey went home that evening I got sick. Really sick.

I couldn't stop coughing and I had a continuous Migrane that refused to go away. I had to eventually give up on taking Acodols - otherwise I was sure I'd die of an overdose if my fever didn't manage to do it first. School for the rest of the week? Nah. I'd rather die at home. My fucking , miserable , home.

It didn't help that I watched the entire fourth season of The Walking Dead. This fever , wasn't human. I was actually expecting to turn into a 'walker' at any second.

I was finally settling down to go to bed - and I actually managed to fall asleep after an hour of tossing and turning.

That is , until I heard a bang from downstairs.

It was literally 1:35am , and the noises coming from downstairs weren't comforting at all. It took everything in me to actually get up and courageously inspect what I assumed couldn't mean anything good.

I had a baseball bat at the ready if anything inhuman decided to jump out at me. Obviously , I wasn't thinking straight. I'm weird when I'm sick.

It seemed that majority of the noise was coming from the kitchen. I crouched down low as I hid behind the island counter , getting ready to lunge at whoever , or whatever , was awaiting me in the dining room.

I saw a black figure sprawled out across the kitchen floor , but because of the lack of light - I had absolutely no idea what it was. Just as I was about to beat the shit out of if , a familiar wheeze was heard.

Oh fuck.

I immediately darted to the other side of the kitchen where the light switch was , I was temporarily blinded as almost instantly light consumed the room - when I finally discovered who was lying on the floor. And much to my dismay , my suspicions were proven to be correct.

"Oh my God."

-

"Pick up , pick up , pick up!" I yelled in frustration. My mom wasn't answering. This was the fifth time. In desperation , I dialed her number again.

No fucking answer.

"Fuck you! Piece of shit!" I screamed , forcefully throwing my phone against the kitchen wall. I ran my fingers through my hair , as I took in the sight infront of me.

There was so much blood. It seemed to be seeping through his clothes at this point , and I had no idea what to do. Shock consumed me , and I stood frozen for a few seconds before I sank down onto my knees next to him.

"Ash. Please. Wake up."

There was no response besides the occasional gasp and splutter , as if he was struggling to breathe.

I didn't know what I was doing , until I felt myself ramming both my fists into the wall repeatedly. There was screaming - but it took me a second or two to realise those were mine. I was having a panic attack.

Stop. Just stop. Breathe. He needs you.

Somehow , I managed to calm myself. Once I was sure I was well enough collected again , I had no idea how much time had passed. I needed to think of something.

Call an ambulance.

I darted across the kitchen to where my phone was still lying on the floor. The screen was completely cracked. As I tried to switch it on , it simply displayed random multicoloured lines across it. This wasn't going to work. My phone was completely broken. Well done for not fucking thinking , Kimberly.

I returned to my previous position on the floor next to my brother. I slowly reached forward as I was about to touch him , but pulled my hand back in mid-air.