Auction

Your pov

Here I am again in the same place, holding the right arm of an Egyptian mummy. As soon as I entered I noticed Kurapika carrying a lock of hair of the actress Sara.
We all gathered in front of the head of the bodyguard Dalzollene, who immediately greeted us with a request after asking for our names:

Dalzollene: "I want you to start work immediately, your mission will be to escort the boss to his hotel room in Yorknew city.
A private plane will take you to Lingon Airport just outside Yorknew, from there you will arrive at the hotel in 90 minutes.
You five will occupy the outermost part of the protective formation. If there are no questions, I will now introduce you to the boss".

He took us to an immense room, it was almost like being in a royal palace. However, the fulsome class of that room was scorned by the extravagance of the boss's bed covered in colorful plush toys.

Dalzollene: "The boss, Neon-sama"

It was just a little girl, probably under twenty but with the appearance of a child, yet she is one of the most important crime bosses.

Neon: "Nice to meet you, bodyguards!"

After the necessary introductions, we didn't hesitate to get on the plane.
I sat next to Melody, she's a girl who caught my curiosity. Her calm probably hides a deep melancholy.

Kurapika stood watching the city from above, immersed in his anger.
I can't let him get away, I have to keep him under close surveillance, I can see that he is a smart guy and that if I don't stay close to him he will make too drastic decisions, like the extermination of the spider.
I can't let that happen.

Y/n: "So your name is Kurapika, right?"
Kurapika: "Exactly, I guess yours is
Y/n, it's rummy"
Y/n: "I know..."

This conversation is too uncomfortable, I have to concentrate as much as possible to hide my intent and get along with him.

Y/n: "I told you we would have met again"
Kurapika: "I lied, I never thought that would be the last time we would talk, you are smart"
Y/n: "Thanks, I'm not going to have you as an enemy, I can see you have good potential too"

I'm telling the truth, after all.
I have to convince myself I'm not lying and go over to his side at least until I meet the boss.

Kurapika: "Well, I see that we share the same intentions then!"

Not really... In fact, not at all...

Kurapika's pov

She seems like a good girl to me, her gaze is full of wrath and gloom cached by slight happiness, but she doesn't seem to really want to hide it.
Maybe she doesn't want to appear hostile despite feeling angry at someone, just like me.
However, I'll not ask her about the source of that rage, I want to be respectful towards her.

During the remaining hour we talked about how we got to know Hisoka and about our respective exams.
It's not that strange that we both know him, after all, Hisoka is quite famous for being frighteningly strong.
After that we landed and some cars took us to the hotel. Once arrived, the boss recommended giving a bad, almost anxious impression. What will he tell us?

Dalzollene: "Well done, let's move on to the next job. You have to win three items that will be auctioned off underground. It doesn't matter how much they cost.
The items are: a whole mummy of Princess Corco, a handkerchief used by the actor Son Remarch and...

The eyeballs of the Kurta clan, aka crimson eyes.

We suspect someone will attack during the underground auction. Be prepared for any eventuality. Getting hold of those items has top priority".