15. in love with my friend's fiancé?

MaNanAddict thanks for suggesting this topic. I enjoyed writing this.

It all started when my friend introducing his lady love on our get together. That moment something happened to me. I felt strangely attracted towards her. Those innocent eyes spoke depths. Her smile! It's the sweetest thing I have ever seen. Though she is looking confident, I noticed a small nervousness when she was hitting her lips when she entered.

I know it's absolutely wrong to look at your friend's fiancé in that way but don't know why I felt good. Hey don't mistake me. I am one man one woman type guy and I have always reserved my heart and eyes for my true love but I don't know why I felt strangely attracted towards her. My thought process was broken when she forwarded her hand for a shake.

"Hi I am Nandini Murthy" and she flashed me the most prettiest smile. And she looked at me with her big eyes. That look was not on my face it was straight to my soul. Oh shit I am not supposed to zone off time much. Oh god what happened to me. Seems like Manik Malhotra is in trouble.

"Hi I am Manik Malhotra "

When our hands came in contact with each other, I felt some sparkles. I felt that butterfly feeling in my stomach. I always believed those things doesn't exist but a small contact with her made me realize lots of thing.

That day went by with lots of chats. Though manik remained unusually silent. Nandini too noticed this but she felt he would have been quiet because of her presence.

Soon they planned for a outing in nearby beach as the next day was a weekend.

Nandini came wearing out crop top and shorts and all others were in their beach costume.

Manik don't look at her that way. She is your best friend's fiancé . She is almost like your sister. Don't look at her that way. But my logical side stopped working. My heart is screaming to look at her. Though I would rate girls as hot and sexy, I didn't want to rate her that way. She looked kinda cute in her shorts and I felt an instant urge to protect her from everyone. I felt myself burning in rage when dhruv held her waist. I know he being her bf had all rights to do so but don't know why I didn't like it. Nandini didn't show any signs of being uncomfortable. I learnt from Alya that theirs is an arranged one and they are still yet to get engaged. We went and enjoyed ourselves in water. She looked heavenly to be honest. But something felt wrong looking at her like that. May be I am too much attracted to her. But it's not that though she smiled, her smile didn't reach her ear when she was with dhruv. I told Alya to enquire whether she is happy with their marriage.

"Are you happy in this marriage Nandini?"

"Yes Alya. My parents have decided him for me and I accept my parents choice"

"All that is okay Nandini but are you really happy in this?"

"I don't know. May be I don't know him andso I am not getting those vibes"

"Can I tell you something? Please don't get me wrong"

"You don't have to ask my permission Alya just go with the flow"

"I love dhruv Nandini. I even proposed him but he told that his parents had already found out an Alliance for him. I was heart broken. But he also told one thing, if that girl voluntarily cancels the wedding then may be he can give me a chance"

"I am soo sorry Alya. I don't know what to say but I am really sorry for coming between you two. But just understand me. I have no other option. I am forced to marry him because my parents felt this is perfect for me"