Thappad- the slap (3)

The next day, was unusual. Everyday, it's our routine that Manik wakes me up with coffee and a kiss. But today, for a change I woke up with my alarm. Yesterday I was too annoyed to see his face and that impulse made me set an alarm.
Okay, let me tell you honestly. Seeing that man first thing in the morning gives me butterflies. The way he gently strokes my hair to the way he kisses all over my face. Everything about him makes me blush so much. Snap out Nandu, the same man tried to hit you yesterday. And just like that, my mood was ruined. I quickly unlocked the door and went to the bathroom to proceed with my routines. I generally have a habit of opening the door and windows to let the morning freshness seep in, and I did it today, just out of a habit!

But what I didn't expect was, my freshly brewed coffee with a small note attached to it.

I have hurt you, I am sorry would be so much less to say. But please know that I am genuinely sorry and will do everything and anything to bring us back.

Yours,
Love.

I felt better after reading the note. He is trying and respecting my space and didn't even bother coming in front of me. But is this enough? No.

I took a quick shower and rushed to our dining space. The breakfast was my favorite, dosa and chutney, which was steaming hot waiting for me. And boy, that was not the only thing waiting for me. Manik was all dressed up in black shirt, flexing his muscles and sculptured body paired with beige formals. His hands were adorned with silver Rolex. What the hell Nandini, stop checking him out! My inner voice screamed and I broke my glance to sit. Manik has already served me and was waiting for me to start eating. How nice! Again, snap out. His efforts are noted, but that's the least.

We both ate our breakfast in silence and Manik washed his plate. Someone has finally learnt his manners. I rolled my eyes as I finished my breakfast. Today was his turn to drive us to work. As if I will go with him.

" Nandu, can we leave? I will take the car out and you please lock the door" he said with puppy eyes. As if I am going to melt by it. But that was not it, he pecked my forehead before disappearing. What the hell? Will he pretend that everything is okay now? It's not settled. I quickly locked the door and unlocked my car. Serves you right.

I saw him shocked with my actions, but it's just a remainder to him that all is not well between us. Being nice and getting back to routine will not undo his actions. But surprisingly, he didn't say anything. His eyes held sadness but right now, I won't be bothered. I pressed the accelerator and escaped away from my problems. As if.

The morning hours went pretty okay with grumpy kids, but the afternoon was the worst. I had to attend back to back meetings for 5 hours straight. And being the head of my department, it is mandatory for me to attend conferences and this time, it's happening in Chennai. I love the city and its beaches. But is this the right time to go there with my personal life going in crap? Who cares, anyways its not like I have got another option.

The conference is on Thursday and today is already Tuesday. I have just one day. I returned home and took a warm bath. Manik has already reached home and was waiting for me in the sofa. Heart warming, but don't fall. I reached for my dinner and saw that Manik has already cooked food for us. And now, it is onion rava dosa, my second favorite. What is he thinking? That he can win me by cooking my favourite food? But the foodie me was satisfied because of getting all the favorites.

"So Nandu, how was your day? " he asked and boy, he had the audacity to talk as if things were normal. Should I reply? Of course, else what if he thinks he has an upper hand in hurting me? Over thinking, but that's how I am.

"It was okay" I replied and indulged in my food.

" I am so sorry for yesterday Nandini. I know no words would explain my behavior but please hear out. I had a bad day in work as a confidential sequence of algorithm was corrupted by someone working with us. That sequence took us months to build and now it's all in vain. I was frustrated when I found out that it was a junior engineer in team who was on notice period purposely did it. I have no idea on why he did it and was feeling shit "

Are you a manager? Stupid. Who gives confidential stuffs to a person who is going to resign? He will try to corrupt only. The only thing that a person in notice period must do is KT ( knowledge transfer) and documentation.
I had my thoughts in mind. Like seriously, this is universally known and this man with 5+ years of experience is thinking about it. I said nothing.

"But I know, i mustn't have ignored you and pushed you out of your limits. I apologize for my impulsiveness " he said and I was tongue tied. Not because of the his words, but because of my mind. No matter what his reasons are, he must realise his mistake. I know he is sorry. But why is he not apologizing for traumatizing me? Why is he not sorry for not treating me right as a partner? Why is he not feeling for making me lose trust on him? You are trying Manik, but definitely not sufficient.

"Let's take separate cars today" that was all I could form as words. Eventhough my eyes and heart wanted to scream everything to him, my mouth didn't want to I guess. He was feeling lost and I could sense it. He put his head down and dropped his shoulders.

He nodded and just when I was about to step away, he pulled me to his embrace. I missed it so much! The way his scent engulfed my entire mind, the way his one arm was around my waist and other arm rested on my head. I missed everything. But no. Lesson is learnt in hard way. As much tempting it was, I didn't hug him back. Instead, broke the hug and rushed to her room.

(To be continued)

A/N:
When will she forgive him?

Do you have any suggestions for upcoming one shots, like topic ideas? If yes, please let me know so that I can write on that as well.

Also guys, if you are liking this, please vote and comment. It gives me motivation to update frequently.