✧ ⋆* ┊ 𝟐𝟎.

HI! i want to real quick thank you for picking my book to read. you didn't have to, but you did, and you're making me happier than you could ever imagine. i know i ask for votes a lot, and i feel needy when i do, but i just ask because i'm a stupid little bitch who loves validation. either way, thanks for reading. you're amazing, and i love you. kiss kiss<3

YET ANOTHER WEEK OR SO PASSED, AND THANKSGIVING WAS UPON THEM

Countless amounts of letters came in from fans to Winnie, telling her how she had saved their lives and brought a new joy to them. It warmed her heart, really. So, besides opening fanmail, she of course, went to her parents house for the big meal.

Only this time, she was bringing a special guest or two.

"I'm nervous as to what they'll think of the dog," Winnie uttered while she sped along the highway.

"Win, it's literally and physically impossible to not melt over her. Dare I say it, but Twix is just as cute as Patches," Clay reassured her, fumbling with one of her hands while the other drove. Twix was fast asleep in his lap, her tongue slightly out.

"That's saying a lot, considering Patches is practically your child," she teased him, glancing over once while merging off the interstate.

"I just think we should normalize guys cuddling their pets. It's the best thing ever. Along with you."

He always knew what to say, what words to sneak in, to make her blush. It was funny how Winnie was always this confident, slightly cocky woman, but the second she was with Clay, she mushed down into an attention-craving little validation bug.

"Shut up," she beamed, looking out the window quickly to hide her rosy cheeks.

She had on some loose jean shorts and a sweater, which made her slightly warm, but Thanksgiving was all about fall weather, so she had no choice. Clay wore some loose jeans she had thrifted for him and a nice t-shirt.

It was going to be funny, seeing her old room and whatnot. They pulled up to the house, some other family members' cars in the driveway. Clay gently woke up Twix and Winnie grabbed the blondies she prepared, the duo walking on in.

Her parents had already seen Clay a few times in the past month or so, but she still had to introduce him to all her cousins and others. Although, while she did, they were mostly obsessing over Twix, who was loving the human affection.

"I'm going to my old room, wanna come?" Winnie whispered in Clay's ear as he talked to her aunt.

He nodded to her, starting to finish up the conversation so he could follow. She headed on up the stairs, trailing her fingers along the wall she hadn't touched in so long. It was ironic that since she had moved back, she still hadn't been up in her room once.

It was just like she remembered it years ago. The grey paint, the vintage magazines on the wall, the shelves filled to the brim with books. There was even a vinyl still on the record player. She wiped off the dust, and a the door opened behind her.

She turned, glancing at Clay while he peaked around her room, shutting the door behind himself.

"It's definitely changed a lot since Freshmen year," he joked. She nodded, moving aside the pillows on the bed so she could lay down.

Even the glow-in-the-dark stars were still plastered against the ceiling. Clay plopped down next to her, tracing his fingers up and down her thighs.

Whenever he did that, her stomach instantly would fill with these sizzles, like an untamable fire. She faced him, leaning in to connect their lips. He happily accepted the action, using his hold on her thigh to flip her on top of him.

Each of her legs rested on either side of him, his hands curiously glazing over the back of her quads. Strands of her hair fell beside his face, colliding with the sheets beneath them. Her own hand got lost in his hair, while the other pressed against his chest, gripping his sweater.

Filling up with excitement, his hands dangerously but sincerely touched the flesh under her sweater. Winnie's skin was hot at his touch, a feeling only he could give her. Their mouths danced fluidly, his teeth grasping her bottom lip and playing with it.

Her thighs straddled his core, moving up and down to increase the static the kiss was giving both them. Recognizing this movement, Clay's hands became braver and he switched their positions so her legs were wrapped around him and he was on top her.

The session stopped briefly; she looked at him innocently, her eyes dark and amorous with an unrecognizable feeling they had never quite felt for each other. She caught her breath and he did the same, yet he swiftly dipped back down to feel her warmth once more.

Her fingers pressed against his biceps, feeling the flexed muscle that held him above her. Now his hands had moved much lower, grasping her hips and haunches. A whimper left her mouth at how tight his hands were holding her, music to his ears.

While their tongues swirled, his fingers played with her waistband. The left hand moved up, grabbing both of her arms and putting them above her head.

All too soon, someone knocked on the door.

"Win? The turkey's ready, come on down," her mom spoke on the opposite side of the door.

They immediately separated, eyes wide, taking in what had just happened.

"Coming!" she screeched in a rush, hopping up and adjusting her shorts.

"My bad," Clay whispered, the corner of his mouth resisting the urge to grin. He fixed his hair in the mirror, and followed her downstairs.

A great start to an even greater dinner, she thought anxiously, body still humming with the thought of what almost happened.

sorry if that was too steamy or sum😵‍💫😵‍💫