✧ ⋆* ┊ 𝟐𝟓.

THE WORD SLIPPED HIS MOUTH BEFORE CLAY COULD GRAB IT BACK AND ADJUST IT TO HIS LIKING

ADJUST IT TO HIS LIKING.

Love.

Winnie didn't need to be completely sober to hear that one.

"What?" she mumbled, rubbing her eyes like she had misheard him.

His cheeks were now suddenly darker, full of heat, even in the dim lighting of the log cabin.

"I'm..." he paused, taking a sharp inhale. "I'm in love with you."

Their eyes met, and Winnie could've sworn she felt the thumping of her heart stop.

"...love?"

"Yeah."

Winnie was now the one taking a deep breath, staring into those juniper colored irises of his, so magically and enchantedly adoring of her.

"That's why it hurt, Win. I love you. The thought of you with anyone other than me is just...it's scary. It scares me," he spoke softly, chuckling to himself.

"I'm sorry. I know the feeling," she smiled at him, her mind forcing itself to be sober just for that moment.

"So you understand now? You get why I was mad?"

"I always did, you idiot."

"Is that so?"

"Of course it did. I love you too."

It took every single ounce of Clay to not start screaming—no, wailing in delight. His mind was now on cloud nine, and all he wanted to do was get on one knee right then and there, and make sure she was his forever. She was his.

"You...do?" he beamed.

She nodded, her frame so minuscule against his. Her chocolate eyes stared back up at his, innocently filled with such a wholesome, pure love.

Instead of words, he picked her up, holding her legs to him and grinning at her, finally connecting their lips.

Her back hit the wall behind her with a thud, and her hands entangle themselves in his long locks. While one of his arms held her up, the other caressed her neck in a meek, softhearted way.

They lost themselves in each other, having no other feeling in their hearts besides yearning for that moment. Everything stopped, including time itself. They were alone, just them in a small cabin up in the frozen woods.

Realizing that there were other people in the house, they both blushed once more, and separated.

But just for good measures, she leaned in once more, savoring the warmth of his kiss. He set her down on the ground steadily, still peering at her.

"So."

"So."

"Clay, you wanna be my boyfriend?"

He made some sort of happy scoff noise, staring down at the cocky little smile she gave him.