✧ ⋆* ┊𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄.

YEARS PASSED, FIVE TO BE EXACT, AND THE HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEARTS WERE STILL ADORINGLY IN LOVE

WERE STILL ADORINGLY IN LOVE.

Only now, they shared a home. Oh, and a dog, named Twix. As well as two cats, Patches and Sailor.

The five of them were smitten with their beachside home, soon to be used for a wedding.

They moved in four years after being together, right when they got engaged. To be clear, by the way, they both proposed on the same night. It was one of their very few fancy date nights, and they both knew it was special.

Who would've thought they both would've showed up with a ring?

Either way, the night ended with them both walking out with engagement rings on, selected perfectly for one another.

Winnie's ring a simple band with swirled designs engraved in it and a tiny amethyst on the top, and Clay's ring made out of two gold rods that swirled together to make a twisted band that had a place at the top for two garnet jewels.

They wore them to this day, anxious for the wedding they had planned together but thrilled nonetheless. Days after they got engaged, their current house was bought for them to share.

It was a Mediterranean styled home, with a low-pitched red tile roof, sandy bricks, arches, and a typical U-shape floor plan that oriented around their central courtyard in front of the house. There, a fountain welcomed guests in the center of their circular driveway.

Huge, full length windows within the rooms opened to the backyard, which contained a fire pit, a small pool, and a grassy plain for Twix's leisure.

The home was a pride and joy for both of them, and they felt it demonstrated that hard work to build yourself up could pay off—literally.

As for the new addition to the family, Sailor was a young American Shorthair and a dazzling ball of energy. The feline had an all white coat besides the tips of her ears, nose, and tail being a darker grey. Her blue eyes set her apart from Patches, who got along with her quite well.

It was all like a fairytale, to be quite honest.

Those two who had despised each other ended up being those who had fell to the trickery of love, and boy, were they happy they did.

Whenever Winnie thought of it, she liked to tell people, "he is definitely the right person. High school was just the wrong time."

That lived to be true, seeing as not a day has passed where their hearts weren't completely devoted to the other.

Yes, they went through up and downs. People came and left their lives, but they always kept each other. Fights are what make a relationship healthy, in a way.

Even their friends were planning on coming to the wedding, only a short three months away.

Everything was perfect.

. . .

"Clay, where the fuck are my keys?! If we're late to this stupid dinner, I will have my ass handed to me on a silver platter!" Winnie's voiced screeched as she maniacally ran around their kitchen.

She bumped into his chest, and he chuckled deeply. Using his height advantage, he held her keys high above her head.

"You're such an idiot, Win. They were right in front of you," Clay teased, handing them to her.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. You still love me. Now, you coming, or what?"

"Come on, you really think I'd make you go to this alone? It's with your step-grandpa, for shit's sake. He's the creepiest dude I've ever met—no offense."

"None taken. I wanna punch him in his yellow teeth," Winnie muttered, walking out the garage door, petting Sailor's white, furry head on the way out.

"I would, but I don't think that'd give me a good reputation as your fiancé."

Winnie snickered to herself, hopping in the driver's seat, blushing at his words.

He still had that effect on her. Unlike some usual love stories, he still made her heart tingle. He made her nervous, he made her laugh, he just made her enjoy life. She had the exact same effect him. Honestly, if you were to ask anyone, they'd probably say the two were soulmates.

And so, the duo drove off into the sunset, hands interlaced and hearts thumping.

the actual end.