Chapter 17

I woke Minji up and let Eunhye sleep more since the loud siren alarm is for the idols and staffs only. We walked to the place where the source of the noise is, finally stopping when most of the participants are awake already.

"Did you guys have a nice sleep?" the organizer asked.

We all groaned, showing our annoyance. "Hey! At least you guys got some sleep, we the organizers didn't sleep at all to set up your courage test." the organizer with the mic joked. 

"Anyways! We'll randomly start passing you papers with a number on it, you would be participating the courage test by pairs. So make sure to find your partner who has the same number as yours on their paper. Pair number 1, please go to the starting line of the test as soon as you guys find each other." the organizer announced.

The other organizers started passing out papers one by one to us. I opened my paper.

14

I looked over to Minji to see her number, which is sadly different from mine. "I'll go search for my partner now. Good luck, see you later Haewon!" she smiled at me before jumping off to search for her partner.

I decided to start asking from the Dreamies since they were standing the closest to me, "Did any of you guys get the number 14?" I asked them.

They shook their head, causing me to frown inside since I was hoping to be paired up with someone I know. I'm not even going to hope that Jaehyun is my partner, the world isn't that nice usually. 

I looked around, confused on who should I ask before feeling someone nudging me from behind, "So you're number 14 too?"

That voice.

I widened my eyes and turned back to meet the face of someone I had secretly hoped to pair up with. "Jae?" I asked in surprise.

He smiled, "Looks like we're partners, Elle." I smiled back at him, "I guess we are.." I muttered while clutching the paper to my chest.

"Are you hoping for someone else to be your partner?" he frowned, causing me to fluster. "Y-ye- I mean N-no, I w-was kinda hoping for y-you.." I stuttered.

My actions caused him to smile immediately, "Really?" he asked excitedly. I looked down to the floor and nodded at him. He touched my cheek, causing me to look back up at him. He was staring fondly at me. I blushed and let out a giggle when I noticed that his cheeks are red, and that the tip of his ears are even redder than his cheeks.

"Number 14 please stand by to the starting line." the organizer announced. We walked to the starting line together and waited for our turn. 

"Please go on now." the organizer in the starting line told us. We nodded at her and walked down the courage test path. When we were out of sight from the others, Jaehyun pulled my hand towards his and interlaced our fingers together. 

I blushed and look at him in confusion, he smiled sweetly at me. "How can I not claim your hand when you're wearing my jacket, looking all cute like that." he said while caressing my hand. My heart started beating rapidly again, so I just looked down but caressed his hand back.

We walked down the dark path in silence, his hand giving me comfort in this darkness. I pulled my hand away from his when we saw the first post of the courage test from afar.

I noticed his frown when I pulled my hand away, "I'll hold your hand again later after we go through the first post." I spoke softly to assure him. He immediately smiled and nodded happily.

"Welcome to the first post, please memorize the order of the pictures on this table in 5 seconds. You'll be allowed go to the next post once you guys memorized it." the organizer who is in charge of the first post said.