Chapter 1

I sighed as I picked up my things since my last lesson of the day has ended. It's finally my last semester of university and I just can't wait to finish this whole thing and go straight to working full-time. 

"Haewon!" I heard someone yelling my name from afar. I turned around to look at my cheerful smiling best friend, Lee Minji. She's truly a mood-booster, it's kind of a shame that we don't meet often because we're not from the same faculty. She's taking the music course while I'm taking the hospitality course. Her personality is completely different than mine, we're almost polar opposites. I don't know how we became best friends, we just clicked somehow.

"Hello, Minji. I see that you're running around like a child again." I smiled at her fondly. I would honestly consider her to be my little sister, she's such a cute and nice person that I can't help but to treat her as a child sometimes.

"I'm just going to pretend that I didn't hear the word child." She pouted her cheeks, aigo look at that mochi face. I chuckled in response and patted her head. "Just because you're older than me by a year doesn't mean you can treat me like a child." she sulked.

Look at that precious bean sulking, I can't help but to let out a laugh. She's acting like she's mad but in reality she doesn't mind that trait of hers, and she also looks up to me like an older sister.

"By the way, NCT 127 has just released their new song Kick it!! They look soo cool! I hope that one day I'll be able to produce music for them." she excitedly said to me and quickly took out her phone to let me look at the music video.

I shook my head, "You know I'm only interested in girl groups, boy groups somehow just doesn't appeal to me." I laughed softly. 

"You need to start knowing more boy groups though, especially since you dream to work in a concert venue. You might end up working for boy groups instead of girl groups." She suggested before she continued to watch the music video while walking with me.

"That's true, but I can learn about them the moment I know which group I'll be working for."

I looked at her and realized she wasn't listening to me anymore since she was smiling widely while her eyes stayed on her phone screen. I smiled looking at her, that's the power of idols. It would be such an honor if I could get dream job and work for a respectful idol group.

"Well then, I'll go left now, my boss would probably get mad if I'm late." I said to her and she nodded, bidding a goodbye to me before going right.

I work part-time as a waitress in a cafe. I mean I really enjoy talking to people or organizing or basically anything that uses more social skills than jobs that uses my brain. That being said, I still work my ass off for my studies, which is why I can keep my status as the first rank student in my grade.

I walked while enjoying the view around me, the exact reason why I decided to move to Seoul. Yeah, I'm a Chinese who was born and lived in Indonesia before moving here to Seoul. It's a bit complicated but at least I blended here just fine. The reason why I study so hard is to show and thank my parents for allowing me and paying for my university fees despite being so far from home.

I smiled at the thought of my parents, despite missing their only daughter they always supported me. I love them so much even if they have their own faults throughout my life.

I suddenly fell down due to bumping into someone, they kindly grabbed my hand and helped me get up.

"I'm so sorry, are you okay?" I looked up to see a guy apologizing to me. He's wearing a face mask and hat that conceals his face and I can't help but to feel suspicious of this person. Who wears a mask and a hat that covers their whole face in the hot summer like this? 

"Uh yeah, it's okay." I tried to sound as calm as possible, not wanting to attract his attention more. Man, what's up with my luck for me to suddenly bump into a suspicious person. I looked straight into his face and realized that he tensed and hid his face the moment I started to analyze him. Yep, definitely suspicious with the whole hiding face thingy.

"I'll get going then." I said preparing to quick walk away from him. He suddenly held my wrist to prevent me to walk away, what does he want??

"Uh, you don't recognize me?" he asked and I stared at him weirdly, why in hell would I recognize a suspicious person personally? I shook my head, wanting to quickly get away from this situation.

I was surprised when he let out a relieved sigh, "That's good to hear, I'm sorry again for bumping into you." He apologized and let go of my wrist, he then walked away from me.

Does this mean that my life is still safe and I can still get to work? 

Wait.

OH MY GOD THERE'S ONLY 5 MINUTES LEFT UNTIL MY SHIFT, DAMN YOU SUSPICIOUS PERSON ALTHOUGH THANKYOU FOR LETTING ME LIVE.

But I got to admit, the only part that I got to see clearly from him is his eyes, and they were really mesmerizing. 

***

"Kim Haewon! I was about to burst from your tardiness but thankfully you're here in time." my boss smiled the moment I arrived at the cafe. 

"Sorry, boss. I bumped into someone suspicious awhile ago and thankfully nothing happened." I apologized to her while taking my waitress outfit from my bag.

She frowned at the reason for my almost tardiness, "That's good to hear although you probably should be more cautious from now on. I know how you sometimes tend to be in your own world to the point you don't know what's happening around you."

I chuckled, nodding at her in response and went to the toilet to change my clothes. I guess it's just another day of work and studying after work.

***

"Welcome to Amore cafe, is there anything I can help you?" I asked the customer that has just entered the cafe, which happens to be that suspicious guy from before.

Man is he following me or something? I wanted to ask him that but that'll be so weird, plus this time he has a friend with him. Well a friend who is equally suspicious with the hat and the face mask.

"Oh it's you again, sorry for bumping to you earlier." he apologized to me once again

I had to fight the urge to raise one of my eyebrows. So is he like following me or maybe just a normal person with weird fashion taste that consists of face mask and hat?

"It's fine, would you like to order?" I fake smiled at him, hoping that this would be the last time we meet.

"I'll order an americano please." he said to me, before turning into his friend. "What about you, Mark?"

His friend scrunched his face, confusion written in his face as he read the cafe menu. His eyes scanned the whole menu before his eyes brightened and turned to me. "You seriously have watermelon juice in this cafe? Dude that's so cool, I'm ordering that please." he said excitedly.

"Sure, your order will be here soon." I smiled at them, although inside I was seriously questioning how "his" friend looked so happy over a watermelon juice.

Oh well, it's not like I'll meet them again right?

***

I wish I never said that because I just jinxed myself.

A/N: Do you guys prefer if I use some korean terms in this story like hyung, unnie, and ssi? I wanted to do it but I'm not sure since some people might be uncomfortable with the amount of korean mixed with english. Please comment down on what you think!