Chapter 13

Jaehyun's P.O.V

I think that was too much, Jaehyun.

That's the first thing I heard from Taeyong after our practice.

I sighed out loud, I realized that I have definitely crossed the line awhile ago. Getting mad at her for being close to another guy, hugging her out of the blue and then told her to go away?

Man, I would get mad if I had that kind of best friend as well.

I know I should apologize to her, but I don't even know why I got so mad in the first place? Jealousy because I'm afraid that my best friend would replace me? That doesn't even make sense.

I laid down my bed and turned to face my left, Jungwoo's empty bed. He's currently out with some of the other members. They probably purposely left me here alone to clear my thoughts, which I really appreciate.

Knock, knock.

"Come in." I told the person who knocked.

"Care to share your thoughts with me?" 

"Why are you here, hyung? Aren't you supposed to be in your dorms which by the way is in the 5th floor not the 10th floor?" I asked my visitor, Taeyong.

He chuckled in response, "You know why I'm here, Jaehyun." He said while taking a sit on Jungwoo's bed. "Sorry, Jungwoo. Gotta borrow your bed for now."

I groaned, turning my head upwards to stare at the ceiling. "I don't know, Hyung. I honestly don't know. I don't get why I was so upset about it? I mean why was I so angry about the thought of her replacing me with someone else as her best friend? That sounds so... petty.. We're not 10 year olds anymore that gets jealous over new friendships." I rambled to him, feeling more and more stupid at the reason I got mad.

"So you think that's the reason why you suddenly got mad at her? Why did you hug her then?" he asked me in a flabbergasted tone.

"I don't know! That's the weirdest part! She just looks so, I don't know when she said she cared about me she just looks soo.." I paused, trying to think about the right word to describe what I felt.

"So?"

"So huggable! Without I realize, I suddenly had my arms wrapped around her??" I closed my eyes, scrunching at the memory of what happened.

"Uh huh.. Why did you call her Elle by the way?" Taeyong asked again, acting as if he was my personal psychologist.

"Oh, that's a nickname I gave her from her English name, Anaelle." I explained to him.

Silence surrounded us, with me still trying to figure out what the hell happened to me before Taeyong breaking up the silence.

"You're in love with her, aren't you?"

I widened my eyes, immediately sitting upstraight and turned over to face his serious expression. "What?!"

 He looked at me in confusion, "What? It's obvious, Jaehyun. You like to hang out with her, you're comfortable with hugging her, and then the deciding factor is the jealousy."

"Me? Jealous? Pft." I denied, trying to look at anywhere except for Taeyong's face.

"Tell me then, what suddenly made you so mad?" 

"Well.. I saw that she brought a guy in, I thought maybe he's just a new staff. And then he suddenly held her wrist, and then all I could think about is how she's letting him? I mean how close are they? I'm the only guy who's allowed to do-"

Holy shit.

I widened my eyes again, and turned to look at Taeyong in horror. "There you go, you answered your own question." Taeyong said.

Steps | Jung JaehyunOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara