Chapter 12

I spent the entire day with my family in the hospital during the last day of my stay in my home country.

And here I am back in Korea, walking into the SM building together with Minji, who wouldn't let go of my arm. She whined the whole time I got home to the dorm, saying that she missed me so much and she's never letting me go again.

"Minji, you really should let go of me. I don't want Jaemin to hunt me down out of jealousy." I told her, shivering at the thought of the sweet smiling devil. That guy has no mercy when it comes to his jealousy.

"I don't care, you've been gone for a month and I was stuck with him almost everyday for a whole month." she pouted and gripped my arm harder.

"Oh, is that how you're supposed to treat your boyfriend?" a voice behind us said. I immediately shivered, looking back in horror hoping that it wasn't the person we were talking about.

"Well too bad, princess. You'll always be stuck with me, whether you like it or not." Jaemin smirked and pulled Minji from my arm, causing her to whine again.

"I don't want to be with you anymore, devil! I just wanna be with my precious best friend." She pouted at him, causing him to smirk wider. "You know I'm your devil." He teased her, obviously liking her burning face due to embarrassment.

"So, you guys got together without telling me?" I asked Minji, faking a hurt voice. "N-No! He's just someone I'm stuck with." she denied with a very cute blushing face.

There she goes again, acting all tsundere like that. "Judging by the face of your boyfriend, I'm pretty sure you're together." I said, pointing to a grinning Jaemin whose cheeks are a bit red.

"What about you and Jaehyun hyung though?" Jaemin asked out of nowhere, causing me to freeze in place.

"W-What do you mean about us? We're obviously best friends, why are you even asking?" I forced an awkward laugh.

Minji and Jaemin looked at each other, "Suureee." they said suspiciously.

"Well I should go to practice now, see you both later." Jaemin said, bidding us goodbye.

"I probably should go as well, I have to finalize the demo version for NCT 2020's songs." Minji pouted at me, obviously not fond of the idea of separating from me.

I patted her head, "Just go, I need to give the new guy a tour anyways." She nodded and left me in the hallways. 

I walked to the CEO's room and knocked softly.

"Come in." and so I did it. I bowed politely to the CEO, "I'm here upon your request to give the new staff an office tour." 

"Ahh, Ms.Kim, just in time. This is Park Soojung, our newest intern, he'll be working under your division." the CEO explained to me.

I looked over to the new intern and extended my hand to him for a handshake. "Hello, my name is Kim Haewon, I'm the stage manager of NCT 127 and NCT Dream. I hope we'll be getting along well." 

He shook my hand and stared at me, causing me to feel uncomfortable. "Uhm.." I stuttered, trying to ask why is he staring at me.

"O-oh sorry I got distracted.. I'm Park Soojung, nice to meet you, Ms.Kim." he stuttered and took back his hand.

Is he a shy person like me as well?

"Please just call me Haewon, you're under my division after all." I smiled at him. "Please follow me, I'll give you a tour and then explain your job desk." 

I took Soojung around the company building, explaining to him how the company works and so. I notice him taking notes along the way of my explanation.