↬ | chapter fourteen

tw: slight mention of abuse

014.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

   Maggie sat alongside Octavia, who had requested specifically for her company. The two had grown pretty close due to their similarities, but perhaps it was more-so because she was the only other one who seemed to give a shit about the Grounder.

  All the Grounders seemed to know was violence and killing, but there had to be another way to get through to them. 

   It was blatantly obvious that the two had true feelings for one another, but Bellamy didn't want his little sister to be near the man. Magnolia could understand both sides; the tough Grounder could realistically be dangerous, but who the hell was he to tell Octavia who she could and couldn't spend time around? She was old enough to make her own calls. 

   Besides, if she got herself into trouble, then Bellamy could tell her he told her so. Sometimes things were meant for people to figure out on their own. That's how Maggie viewed it anyway, whether that was right or wrong.

   Gray could feel a presence behind her; when she turned her head, there stood a still Bellamy with a couple of the blankets from the emergency depot they had scooped up earlier. She began to stand up to leave the siblings on their own, but when he signaled for her to stay put, Maggie turned back around and faced the same direction as Octavia.

   The boy wrapped the bright orange blanket around his younger sister, who sat there and stared mindlessly out of the camp. Magnolia let a small grin creep in the corner of his mouth; he seemed to be attempting to mend his relationships with everyone, which was a good call on his part. About time they did so. 

   Without even realizing it, Maggie felt a pair of hands rest an orange blanket on her as well, and she sent Bellamy a small thank you, to which he nodded with a half-smile in response.

   "I don't expect you to forgive me, O. But you'll have to find a way to live with me— cause I'm not going anywhere," Bellamy stood with his hands on his hips awaiting a response, only to not get one.

   "Bellamy, Maggie!" Clarke suddenly hollered to the two from outside of one of the tents. "It's time."

   With the traffic-cone colored material still draping her over her shoulders, Magnolia began to walk with Bellamy to the tent. They were going to talk to the chancellor to pardon their friend of his crime. It was a fair request, especially considering that all of the delinquents were claimed to of been given the same treatment. 

   Bellamy halted, turning back to Octavia. "That Grounder escaping— was that you?"

   Of course it was, Maggie couldn't help but think. If it wasn't the Gray girl herself, who else would take the initiative? "I had nothing to do with it," Octavia replied dully , her focus still not shifting. "Thanks for the blanket."

   The three entered the tent, each grabbing a headset so they could speak with Jaha and hear him properly. It was the first time Magnolia had spoken to the chancellor, but he still knew who she was regardless. Maybe those teenagers didn't realize it, but Jaha remembered everyone. Dead, floated, or in the Skybox, it didn't matter— he knew. 

   "Mr. Blake," Thelonius began once the call started. "I've wanted to talk to you for some time now."

   "Before you do, I'd like to say something," Clarke intervened, stopping the man before he could get any further.