↬ | chapter nineteen

019.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━ 

   "Even with Dante's coordinates that I have written out, there's still bits and pieces missing," Raven let out a groan into Maggie's earbud as the teenager climbed down the steps inside of the vents; it was much simpler than wandering blatantly in the halls, saying suspicious comments while walking alone and bringing unwanted attention upon herself. "You said our friends are in a bunker?"

   "Mhm."

   "A bunker? Like underground?"

   "That's what a bunker is, right? Bellamy's off there now," the girl responded with a huff— she knew she shouldn't of been worried, but she couldn't help it. He could handle himself well, just like Magnolia could. Unfortunately for them, though, the bunker that Jasper, Miller, and the others were in happened to be uncharted territory. "I scoped that place out when I was stuck inside. No feasible entrances or exits, no nothing. They knew what they were doing putting us in there."

   "Why'd you two split up again?" Raven inquired, sparking up conversation with her sister, which Gray greatly appreciated for the time being. "Where are you even going?"

   Maggie clung onto the railing, going down a level or two from where she was originally. "Need to find President Wallace. Or Maya, or even Lee. But, mainly Wallace. We need to get a move on."

   "Speaking to Dante would be good. Very good, actually," the mechanic piped up, sounding pleased with that plan she had at the moment,"You sure he's on our side?"

   The eighteen-year-old nodded to herself, although that wasn't much of a response for her sister who was awaiting one. "He had me secretly escape and gave me a place to come back to. I'm pretty sure that would mean yes?"

   On the other end, Raven clicked her tongue, contemplating her wording. "Just double checking. Having Dante turn on you would be a shitty way to go out, Nols. Not to mention pathetic."

   "Gee, thanks— oh wait. I'm at the bottom," Maggie announced abruptly, doing her best to not make a loud clanking noise with her boots against the floor grate. It wasn't too difficult for her. For as long as she could remember, she had been used to sneaking around like a mouse, not making a peep. "Woah, shit," her voice lowered to a hushed whisper, accentuating the t at the end of her word.

   Similar to the room she had discovered with Bellamy not too long prior, Magnolia was able to peer into Dante's office and snoop around.

   That's when she realized it. Instead of the authority figure she had come to be acclimated with, the man with the puffy hair and grey tweed suit sat in the desk chair. "This shithead's everywhere," Maggie noted in such a quiet tone, she wasn't even positive Raven could even hear what she had said.

  Ignoring the thick dust that was layering the opening, she managed to find an angle of the discussion happening. After she did so, Maggie was capable of seeing the guard sitting in one of the chairs in front of the desk, while the grey suit man laced his hands together and set them on the desktop. Not only was the black-haired man the same, but that guard— the only Clarke knew the name of— Emerson.

   Not much talking was going on between the two; it seemed as though they were waiting to address some kind of elephant in the room. Both of them intensely glared at the other, but yet it looked as though they were on good terms.