↬ | chapter seven

007.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

   "So what is your plan to save Charlotte?" Bellamy questioned as the two walked through the forest while the sun set. "Cause I'm all for it."

   "It seems as though you have more tolerance for kids as opposed to actual people your age, Jingle Bell," Magnolia hopped over a muddy puddle. "Yeah, I'm not a fan of that one either. Damnit, nothing seems to stick."

   In return, he shrugged, ignoring her banter and just focusing on the first part. "Octavia was always my responsibility. I guess that's where I get it from— I don't know."

   Maggie could understand that; or at least try to anyway. It explained why the two were so close— she assumed siblings would be. Obviously, they were the only set of siblings on the Ark, so nobody could really discern the feeling of that type of bond. She couldn't truly empathize with him; after all, Magnolia was Magnolia's responsibility. And only her own— that was nothing new. "What about you Mags?" Bellamy suddenly let out, which was enough to make her freeze and feel like she couldn't move another inch.

   "What about me?" she stifled a laugh, even though the last thing she felt like doing was laugh at that. "Attempted murder of my own parents isn't a sign in it's own?"

   This time, Bellamy was the one stopping in his tracks. Her own parents? Magnolia Gray tried to murder her parents? Had he heard that right? The council had let the news of her almost killing someone circulated through the corridors, but apparently, the fact that it was her own parents 

   "I didn't—"

   "I'm sorry," Maggie's tone became serious— not joking anymore. "Well anyway, how would you feel if I told you I didn't actually have a plan? All I thought was: get Charlotte."

   "Isn't that what we trusted Clarke and Finn to do?" Bellamy queried, causing a devilish grin to make its way to Magnolia's face. He didn't know what he got himself into by asking such a thing.

   "Bellamy, see that cave up there? Make sure to cover your ears— so you don't hear the noises," she warned, speaking in the type of tone someone would tell a scary story in.

   Bellamy peered down at the girl as she childishly pressed her hands to the sides of her head. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

   "Oh man. I had to learn this on my own too; it's okay darling. You see Bellamy, when two people love each other very much, they—"

   "Oh— my fuck," he gasped, a loud laugh passing by his lips. If anyone were to walk past, they probably would've assumed the two were drunk off their asses by the way they cackled, completely forgetting about how they were supposed to be laying low.

   It was ironic actually— just minutes later, the light pitter-patter of feet was enough to make the two shut up real quick.

   "Charlotte," Maggie stated matter-of-factly, noticing the girl frantically searching— but for what? Had she lost Finn and Clarke or something?

   Some job they did.

   Bellamy didn't hesitate to go and grab her, Magnolia swiftly following behind. She made much less noise as opposed to the boy— she could be light on her feet. Thanks to stealing on the Ark.

   Charlotte let out shrieks of terror before she could make out the two's faces. "Shh. Shh," Bellamy pressed a hand to her mouth, muffling her voice.