↬ | chapter ten

010.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

   "This is Raven Reyes calling Ark station. Come in, Ark station. This is Raven Reyes calling Ark station. Please come in," the girl repeated, using the radio she rebuilt to try and contact the people back up in the sky. Magnolia stood behind her, massaging the girl's shoulders in attempt to calm her down. She was on-edge— not only because nobody was responding, but because the whirling storm outside was causing chaos around camp. 

   "You sure you have the right frequency?" Monroe tested, and Maggie knew that that was a bad move. 

   "Yeah, I'm sure!" Raven shot back, making Zoe throw her hands up in defense, realizing she had struck a nerve. 

   "Raven?" the blonde leader placed a hand on the girl's forearm. "You can do this— okay?"

   Maggie continued to listen as her sister persisted, not giving up. Maybe it was the storm, or maybe there was an error with the radio, but they were met with complete silence on the other end. 

   Clarke couldn't tend to Finn's stab wound without the assistance of her mother, Abby Griffin. The knife was in a critical spot, and it didn't take an educated doctor to know that if one wrong move was made, the boy would be done for. That was the last thing they needed on their hands. Another one dead— how many was it now? Magnolia had lost count. 

   Maybe what he did to the two girl's was shitty and low, but it didn't make him a bad enough person to deserve death. He might've been a liar, but what was the Gray girl to expect? That was nothing foreign to her— it was okay. 

   Only, it wasn't. She was too lenient, getting her feelings hurt and then deciding she was overreacting. Maybe she was a badass, but that was a facade that even the strongest could only put up for so long. 

   After countless attempts, a faint response was heard. "This is a restricted channel. Who is this? Please identify yourself."

   Maggie's eyes grew to the size of small planets as commotion erupted through the first level of the drop ship. "This is Raven Reyes— I'm from Mecha station. I-I'm transmitting from the ground. The hundred are alive. Please, you need to get doctor Abby Griffin. Dr. Abby Griffin, now!"

   A few beats of silence dragged on, until another voice made its way to the radio. "Raven. Are you there?"

   Raven and Magnolia's eyes rested on Clarke, who let her jaw drop slightly upon hearing her mother's voice. 

   Must be nice.

   "Mom?" the girl finally let out. "Mom, it's me."

   "—Clarke?"

   "Mom, I need your help. One of our people got stabbed by a Grounder," her daughter explained, although none of them had the slightest clue as to who a 'Grounder' was, but that was besides the point. 

   Another voice joined in, and within milliseconds, Maggie knew that voice from anywhere; Jaha. "Clarke? This is the chancellor. Are you saying there are survivors on the ground?"

   "Yes," she confirmed stiffly. "The Earth is survivable. We're not alone. Mom, he's dying. The knife's still in his chest."

   Knowing that Jaha was there, Maggie could only imagine the question that was coming up inevitably. He'd want to talk to his son. The problem was— he was brutally stabbed in the neck by a twelve year old to avenge her parents.