Broken & Perfect

I was breathing but barely living for the next two weeks.

Until yesterday.

When he came, again, and screwed everything up.

I was almost falling into a deep sleep when a furious knock on my door startled me. I had been sleeping on the couch because I feared if I were to go back into the bedroom another episode would come again and I would have to calm myself down. The bang came again with another three pounds of a fist against the door. "Baby, let me in." He pleaded through the door. I stayed as still as I could and made sure not to make a noise. "Please." His voice was heartbreaking. It cracked every so often when he would say 'please' in a soft whisper. "I'm sorry." He spoke at a normal breath after minutes of only whispering. Seconds after his apology I heard a key put into the handle and the door being swung open.

My back was to the door and all I could hear were footsteps. "Baby."

"No. You shouldn't be here. I can't have you here." I spoke fast and thought to myself 'stay calm-you are fine- it won't happen again-stay calm-easy-easy-easy' I hated that this was what I had to do but I could begin to feel my stomach tighten up and my breath go short. This is first stage of my episodes which are only stopped when I calm myself.

"I'm sorry I haven't been here. That meeting in Texas screwed everything up and-"

"What meeting in Texas?" I asked calmly. He looked puzzled.

"I sent Anne a message to tell you and I texted and called to leave you a message." 

"Oh. I haven't turned my phone on in two and a half weeks." I spoke and looked in the corner of my living room. I had put everything in boxes that was adding to depression. The less you have, the less you have to worry. The only thing still out is my TV. I wasn't strong enough to put that away. 

"What's all this?" Wesley questioned and followed my gaze. The box held pictures I had out around for decoration, my guitar, CD's, my phone, and plenty more. "You didn't." He said with a disappointed tone in his voice which caused me to shed a few tears. He kept rummaging through the box and continued onto the kitchen to see thee cabinets and refrigerator was mostly empty except for a few crackers and expired yogurt. He went on to my room to find a bed that was untouched. He walked around my apartment and his back was turned to me. I didn't see his facial expression for a while.

"Talk." I spoke and broke the long silence between the two of us.

"What are you even doing to yourself? That asshole who made you feel like this again, do you want to know what he's doing? He's out living his life without a regret and what about you? Look at you! You have given up every damn thing you love. Everything. You're giving up your life because of a boy who didn't treat you nearly as well as you deserve to be treated. Don't let him take your life away. Don't let him bring back the old you. You can get better. You can get help. I believe in you." He took a deep breath.

"I know you, love. I know who you are. You wouldn't be sitting here in the mental state you are in now if you hadn't run into him that night so please. Please. Please. Forget it. If that's what you have to do to get better, forget the whole thing happened. If you want to bring him to justice, hell I will look for him with you. It breaks my heart, babe. I'm sorry. I told Keaton. I needed someone to talk to. I couldn't get the damn words out before I busted out in sobs and broke some things. No matter what you think, I love you more than I have ever loved anyone and whether you still feel the same doesn't matter anymore. You can tell me to walk away and I will walk away, out of your life forever, but I need to make you better. I need you to get better before I will do that. I refuse to leave you like this. I won't do it."

"Why? I've thrown my life away. I'm in the process of destroying my career. I'm going to be living on this couch until I choose not to live anymore. I'm no where close to the girl you met before. She's gone. She's done. She's not coming back. You don't need to fix anything because you weren't the cause of this. You did nothing wrong. You can go. I won't be mad if you leave, I can set you free."

"No. This is dumb. It's all in your mind. The girl I fell in love with who loves adventure and loves her life. That girl! She's still there. The girl you are right now will always be in your mind if you let it. Okay? You need to let the girl you are now go. You need to find your other self in there, because she's there. I'm sure of it. As long as I'm here, I'm not gonna let her go anywhere."

"Stop. Baby. Stop. This isn't your battle to fight."

He smiled a bit and brushed some tears off his cheek. "You called me baby. You haven't called me that since-." He didn't finish his whole sentence but was still smiling and brushing tears away. "You can't push me away, love. I'm not going anywhere." I let a small smile and he laughed and touched my cheek. "There it is. There's my girl." He pulled me into a hug I was resistant to but eventually caved in and let myself love his love. His love for the world. For life. For me.

"How did you get a key?" I asked and pulled out of his arms.

"I stole Anne's." He said simply with a shrug of his shoulders. He sat next to me on the couch and put his arm around me. Normally, I would dip down into his chest to make myself comfortable. As much as that felt normal to me, I felt out of place. I felt I needed to start over. It wasn't that I needed to make myself more comfortable with Wes...it was that I needed to make myself more comfortable with myself.

"What do you say I re-hook this thing and we watch The Breakfast Club or your Nicholas Sparks movies. What's that one, Walking Together?"

"A Walk to Remember." I reminded him and rolled my eyes. He laughed and looked at me for confirmation to see if it was okay to use the TV. I nodded my head and he got up to connect the TV again. 

He remembered my favorite movies.

I told him that within the first week of meeting him.

I never thought he would remember.

"Hey what's my favorite color?" I quizzed him. Again, another thing I told him at the very very beginning of our relationship. Maybe even on our first date. I forget.

"Well, you liked pink when you were little but you grew out of that because every girl you knew always said pink and you didn't like that. You wanted to be original with your favorite color so you found a mixed color you really like. The moment a few minutes after the sun starts to go down and there are oranges and reds and yellows all mixed together. But you really like when the sky has that line of purple in it sometimes. That's your favorite color. Sunset." He yelled from behind the TV where he was putting the plugs back in.

He didn't see my shocked expression.

That was right.

Exactly perfect answer in every way.

He was exactly perfect in every way.

A/N:

Aw he's fixing her and she's starting to fall in love again! I don't know if I like the way/pace this story is going buuut any help from you guys in the comments would make me feel better about how its going. Help me please!! Vote/Comment/Share/Follow/Message Me :) have a wonderful dayyyy